This week we’ve partnered with Novica, an online fair-trade marketplace that works with artisans in developing nations to bring handmade, quality products to consumers. As part of the National Geographic family, Novica has helped over 50,000 people in developing countries by not only selling their wares at real world prices, but also giving them special recognition on the website.

design-happens_novica-vase453x400

Novica has selected the beautiful “Verdant Volcano” hand-blown vase for this week’s giveaway. This vase was hand blown by Murano artisans in Brazil. Murano is a type of glass blowing that was brought to South America via Italian immigrants.

To win this beautiful vase, just answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, September 6. Be sure to include a valid email address so we can contact you.

This week’s question: If you could decorate your home in the style of one country what would it be?

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Handmade, World

1. koribean says:

I would definetly have to go with an Asian look. I love the simplisity of it all and it has such a relaxing feel…it puts me in a state of peace.

2. Adriana says:

I like South American decor because it blends the best of all cultures and decorating styles. I love the leather and brass tables of South America. My mother bought one in Peru in 1942 and we still have it. It is just beautiful.

3. Cecilia says:

The Hawaiian style of the islands, USA! I love the casual, outdoor style, the cool relaxing colors of the ocean and the feeling of family…and of course, take your shoes off :-)

4. Helena says:

Since I'm italian-american, I would decorate my house to have an italian feel to it. It will make me feel close to my relatives in Italy. So Italy is my pick.

5. nmfran87144 says:

sweden – i love ikea

6. debra says:

I would like to decorate in the greek style

7. bekah says:

probably Spain. we honeymooned in barcelona and husband went to school in sevilla

8. renie says:

A home with an asian influence would be my ideal. The clean lines and natural materials are calm and serene. My life is so hectic that when I am home I want only calm and restful; that is what I find inspiring.

9. Karen says:

I would pick Australia. Specifically, Sydney. The city is so beautiful — a mix between modern architecture, historic buildings, and nature.

10. Kati says:

The Moorish-influenced Spanish style is my favorite. I love the tile and the arches.

• If you can tie a knot, then these flowy cafe curtains will

• Transform ordinary draperies into the exact look you want

• Add an unexpected aspect to your window treatments by using

• Use your basic painting skills to add a vintage feel to