It’s September, and in the Northern hemisphere that means the return of crisp mornings, football games and school supplies. It also means our staff is poring over magazines, blogs and websites, and talking with color and shopping experts about this season’s hottest colors.

So what’s the Color of the Month for September?

design-happens-restoration-hardware-beddingIs it the runway-fave camel, translated into bedding, like this from Restoration Hardware?

design-happens-erinn-valencich-gray-bedroomOr this season’s new neutral, gray? (Design by Erinn Valencich)

design-happens-horchow-tufted-sofaOr do you prefer a more traditional autumn color like wine, as illustrated by Horchow’s beautiful, tufted sofa?

Maybe it’s an unexpected hue like peacock, blush or olive?

We’ve got an idea, but before we lock it in, we want to hear from you.

Need a jump start? How about 10 fall color schemes?

Design Inspiration

1. see says:

Definitely gray!

2. Doris Bahr says:

hmmm camel! elegant chic

3. Cara says:

Love the camel color! There are so many color options to pair it with!

4. mistimorningstar says:

The gray palette complements all autumn colors! To me the gray represents a gray autumn sky…. and when you pair it with camels, wines, and other burnt orange colors and it's magical! :)

5. cookie says:

Wine-rich and warm. Pairs well with camels, golds, and earthy greens: relaxing and comforting, or it could be used with grays and blues: slightly edgy and industrial.

6. Lisa says:

I'm going with underdog: olive.

7. Joan says:

Peacock or deep teal!

8. marsha says:

I agree with Joan the Peacock or deep Teal . Color is IN. None of that neutral stuff for me. Feel alive with color!

9. Gary says:

I think that the color I would pick for September or any other month would be Cream in my Coffee. This color goes great with anything and everything that people want to add to any room in the home. I have painted several of my rooms with this color. I have a friend that builds homes and he has used this color in the homes that he has built and he also painted one of his rooms in his home this same color. The people that bought the homes he built just loved the color "Cream in my Coffee", and most ask him what the name of the color was. If and or when you go to sell your home, this color would help sell the home much faster and the new home owner would not have to paint the home, because this color goes great with everything. Well maybe someone will read this and it may help them decide to paint one if not more of there rooms this same color, and I think you will love it. I used a Flat paint and the color may look even better if this color was used in a simi-gloss or gloss, but it is a great color to use in any home. Kelley you might try useing this color sometime in some of your designs that you do…

• Gary says:

I THINK THIS WOULD BE A VERY GOOD CHOICE OF COLOR AND I MAY CHECK INTO THIS COLOR, THANKS FOR YOUR INFO. ABOUT THIS COLOR AND MAY TRY IT IN A ROOM AT MY HOME, AGAIN THANKS.