This summer has been a total whirlwind on the renovation front, and I have myself to thank/blame/curse for that. Remember when I mentioned we’d be tackling the complete transformation of my home in five months? Well, dear readers, it has been twelve months. Twelve fat, ugly months. And I’m tired.

But! There is a lovely Scandinavian light fixture at the end of the tunnel, and today we’re showing you a bit of progress. I do, however, have to take two tangential pathways before I let you see this video:

1. Progress should be taken with a grain of salt. Yes, we still have no walls. And it hurts me more than it hurts you, trust me. BUT. Husband has assured me that the foundation/construction phase of a renovation is (a) the most important and (b) the most time consuming. Which is code for “Our-children’s-children-will-have-to-tear-this-house-down-because-it-is-so-darn-solid.”

2. I am not blind to the fact that my hair gets shorter with every video. We’ll chalk that up to the fact that showers are now a luxury, as I’ve sold my soul to hardware stores and adorable toolboxes.

It’s coming along, no? Only a matter of time before I can invite Emily over for a styling session! (Please do leave a note of encouragement in the comment section. I’m hanging by a heavy-duty thread over here!)

Design Inspiration

1. Bethany says:

It's looking good! Hang in there though. My husband and I just went through a complete bathroom reno in a 1/1 condo. Not nearly as traumatizing, but pretty close :) And your husband is right, the construction stuff is the most important. The decorating is fun but you need a good foundation. Can't wait to see more!

2. erin / dfm says:

Thanks, Bethany — glad to hear I'm not alone in the reno world! :)

3. kgseymour says:

It's looking fabulous! As is your hair — LOVE the short style on you.

4. Vanessa Joie says:

Erin you are a super star! I would have pooped out long ago.

5. Melissa de la Fuente says:

Oh, Erin! You CUTIE PIE BEAUTY! It is going to be so absolutely fantastic! I can't wait for you to be under that cathedral ceiling as well! It is going to be so, SO worth it. No worries, soon all will be done and well! Hang on darlin, hang on!
    xoxo
    Melis

6. [...] construction phase, but it’s coming along swimmingly. Wanna see? Do you? Good.Hop on over to HGTV for the full scoop!Speaking of hopping over, I’m jet-setting out to NYC for Fashion Week [...]

7. erin / dfm says:

Thanks so much, James — it was a pleasure to be a guest!

And Jordan — thank you! Yep, totally gutted. I can't believe it myself. Here's hoping we can put it back together again!

8. cindy says:

oh i forgot, i love that your inspiration wall is the first thing you see once inside and is actually in the house.

9. heidi says:

Well in the middle of all of that you still found the energy to put on a way cute outfit and the hair is darling. Can't wait to see the next bit of progress!

10. kirsey says:

Once everything gets sheetrock, you are going to die, it will be so amazing. Keep up the positivity, you guys are doing a great job!