Marie Burgos opened in her design firm in 2007, after getting her Masters in Business Management from the University of Paris and her interior design degree from New York University. Her Long Island mansion project is a luxurious blend of craftsmanship and elegance.

MB_steps

Marie says: This client’s home is a traditional mansion in Long Island. Golden oak floors travel throughout the whole first floor. They are complemented by creamy walls and Victorian-style moldings. The entrance features the staircase covered in a plush rug, which matches the octagonal rug of the foyer.

MB_BfastCountry-style breakfast nook with a view of the pool.

MB_bedThe master bedroom has grand furnishings. The golden drapery complements the golden stripes in the light blue wallpaper.

MB_masterbathThe master bathroom with its creamy marble and rust-gold tiles.

MB_nurseryThe cream-striped walls of the nursery create a restful retreat for my client and her child.

MB_guestbathA peek into the nursery bathroom, which showcases photographs of the baby’s little hands and feet.

Design Inspiration

1. megan davis says:

I love everything about this home except the country table in the kitchen. With the elegants of the decorating as a whole and the beautiful draperies in the background , I had to say, What?

2. Dee says:

Overall, it is very elegant. I just wish for a little more color here and there. Red's not one of my favorite colors, but I want to place a red vase or a vase of red roses somewhere to break up the gold and beige party.

3. Carol in StL says:

I agree with Dee… everything is done "correctly," but the near-total lack of color is a real snoozefest – way too much white. I think they breakfast set looks cheap, too, perhaps because of the painted finish, it doesn't look so different from one you can buy at K-Mart. Ugh.

4. Debbie says:

While this house I'm sure has good bones. Where's the imagination the wow factor? Just looks very humdrum.

5. jennifer c says:

it needs color. the kids room should not be black and beige. Everything is BEIGE!!

6. tlr says:

The house is beautiful, however the decorating seems outdated and the quality not fitting of the house.