We love Emmo Home‘s modern take on housewares, not to mention their site, with categories like Be a Foodie, Love Your Kids and Visit Slumberland. This week, you’ll have a chance to win their knife stand — sleek and modern, but functional with a dishwasher-safe sleeve (and you know how nice that is if you’ve been wiping down a wooden block for years). knife

One reader will receive the slanted knife stand by answering this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, September 13th.

This week’s question: What kitchen utensil needs a style makeover?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Laurie says:

The can opener and a way to keep it sharp. After awhile the cans get rough edges and don't always open all the way

2. Jenna says:

I'd make the high end pots and pans more user friendly like lower end versions (ie ways to lift a lid without giving yourself a third degree burn). Love the quality but I don't feel so chic when I'm grabbing them with big bulky potholders!

**Highchair people, I'm about to rock your world. Check out the Tripp Trapp by Stokke http://www.stokke.com/en-us/
    It's stylish, grows with your kid, and is incredibly easy to clean. I LOVE IT!!!

3. Danya says:

The Lemon Zester – not only could it look a little more stylish, but if it could some way zest more easily. I always end up with short, stubby lemon pieces, rather than the beautiful, long, curled pieces you see in restaurants and on the food network. :)

4. Beth says:

I think it should be the Meat Tenderizer. Should be a better way to tenderize meat.

5. gatormomx2 says:

I agree with the garlic press. Manual can opener could use work too.

6. Patricia Jay says:

The wooden spoon. It could use a couple of angles on the sides to be able manipulate more food while stir frying.

7. Diane T says:

I'm with group that hates the sifter design. Gotta be something easier to use and clean.

8. Jacinda says:

I'd say the spatula, and also the spaghetti spoon…the spaghetti still ALWAYS slides off (i'd say something more like a fork, sort of like the salad tongs.

9. Molly A says:

Agree with the potatoe peeler. Its hard to use no matter what!

10. Christina says:

"Egg rings", I think that is what they are called. The ones I have bought in the past just let the egg whites run out from underneth, when I am frying them.

• Dining Room Definition - Ask Genevieve - Episode 4

• Feminine wallpaper and white wicker hang out in this lovely

• There's no confusion about what goes in this basket

• Learn all about knobs and pulls from #VernYip in