We love Emmo Home‘s modern take on housewares, not to mention their site, with categories like Be a Foodie, Love Your Kids and Visit Slumberland. This week, you’ll have a chance to win their knife stand — sleek and modern, but functional with a dishwasher-safe sleeve (and you know how nice that is if you’ve been wiping down a wooden block for years). knife

One reader will receive the slanted knife stand by answering this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, September 13th.

This week’s question: What kitchen utensil needs a style makeover?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. AUS4EVR says:

I would have to agree, sifters. Hard to clean and sometimes hard to use. An electric one would be nice.

2. deborah jackson says:

See I think it should be the can opener.

3. PalomaElia says:

Without a doubt, my Pampered Chef Apple peeler, core and slicer all in one tool. I use it for everything… Potatoes, apples, onions, ect…I would by an ergonomic on in a heartbeat! One that contained the peals and that had a bowl to catch the peeled food…Mostly one that you dont have to hold onto with dear life so it stays still while turning the handle. Not to mention a handle that actually fit in your hand and that was silicone coated to it wasnt slippery… This is my cherished kitchen item this summer for all my pies, and dried apples for my little girls…Just an idea!

4. Lynn says:

Electric Can Opener

5. Nancy Miller says:

The wire wish is not only hard to clean but also rust easily in the dishwasher. I also invested in a stand mixer not realizing the neck did not lift so getting the bowl and changing utensils is a pain, especially for the price I paid!

6. I was thinking the egg separator. they are flimsy, not deep enough or the wholes are not right. You wind up making a bigger mess than needed.

7. kaceyrosemarie says:

The Rolling Pin! I love to bake, but find storing a huge, ugly rolling pin to be a pain. Wouldn't in be lovely to own one that was designed beautifully so that it could be displayed as art in the kitchen? The simple lines of a rolling pin lend themselves to so many cool design possibilities!

8. Dawn says:

They do make stainless steel I have one.

9. Lona says:

A grater. I bought the flat one to save space in my small kitchen, but its hard to use now I wish I had the box one ha ha!! I also have to clean it twice because I missed a spot…ohh the agony!

10. Ed Russell says:

Definitely the peeler – most are awkward and don't work that well.