Forty design bloggers came to New York this week for a host of events, from the launch of Rue Magazine to the New York Design Center’s What’s New, What’s Next. We invited them over for lunch, where we piled into a conference room at our Manhattan office, noshed on sandwiches and thumb-sized cupcakes, and finally put faces with the names we’ve known and loved online. Talk about palpable energy —  get 40 bloggers into one room and inspiration pops out all over!

Here we are around the table, making our introductions.

I was thrilled to meet HGTV contributors, the Moggit Girls (check them out on our Dos & Don’ts guides). I also made new friends like Diane from In My Own Style, Jean from Swee10 and Tina from Laidback. Yes, Tina, I will be buying some of your pillows.

Emily Henderson, HGTV Design Star and blogger from The Brass Petal.

Emily Henderson, HGTV Design Star 2010, made a surprise appearance. And can I just say? She’s one of my new favorite people. Sweet, funny and oh-so-creative and talented.

Will and his friend from Bright.Bazaar get the prize for traveling the farthest…they came all the way from London.

Our photographer, Melissa Blemur, uploaded a slideshow of the pictures. Go check them out! And if you were there, give a shout-out in the comments so we can say hi.

Design Inspiration

1. Moggitgirls says:

We cannot thank-you enough for this wonderful luncheon! (and our uber-cool hard hats!) It was so wonderful getting to meet everyone! The photos are a wonderful memory to an unforgettable time in NYC. :)

J&J
    xo

2. cristin says:

A big thank you to the HGTV team for the wonderful luncheon. It was a thrill to meet you and all the other bloggers.

xo,
    cristin @ simplified bee

3. It was so incredible that you guys reached out to us, and reached out with cupcakes in hand to boot! You obviously know the way to our hearts :) Thank you so much for the invitation and the chance to kick off a fab week with my favorite network and bloggers. ____-Karen__Hammocks & High Tea

4. Diane InMyOwnStyle says:

Hi Kelley-

Enjoyed the slideshow. Thanks for posting it. I am going to put the link in my post. And thank you to HGTV for hosting such a fun and impromtu lunch for all of us. It was such an exciting experience getting to meet you and the other HGTVer's, as well as all the bloggers that were in attendance. I enjoyed talking to you -so many nice connections were made. I look forward to your future posts.
    My best- Diane

5. Hi guys! It was a great lunch! Thanks again for everything! It was nice talking to all of you!

<a href="http://www.home23duncan.blogspot.com” target=”_blank”>www.home23duncan.blogspot.com

6. Mrs. Limestone says:

I was so bummed to miss this. Sounds like it was such a great event.

7. Amy @ MaisonDecor says:

Thanks to all of the HGTV production team for inviting us bloggers to your home for a luncheon meet up. It was a wonderful opportunity for most of us to meet for this first time, and much appreciated. Lovely to meet Emily Henderson, and to partake in the fun and games of round table design pop questions.

8. thanks HGTV – all of your team made us feel comfortable and I do agree the energy in the room was quite uplifing. I enjoyed meeting Emily and all of HGTV staff. best Tamara of Nest by Tamara at http://nestnestnest.blogspot.com

9. Raina says:

Thanks for such a fab lunch and the opportunity for all of us to meet each other and you face to face.
    Best*Raina

10. Annette says:

you guys sound like you had a blast!