Forty design bloggers came to New York this week for a host of events, from the launch of Rue Magazine to the New York Design Center’s What’s New, What’s Next. We invited them over for lunch, where we piled into a conference room at our Manhattan office, noshed on sandwiches and thumb-sized cupcakes, and finally put faces with the names we’ve known and loved online. Talk about palpable energy —  get 40 bloggers into one room and inspiration pops out all over!

Here we are around the table, making our introductions.

I was thrilled to meet HGTV contributors, the Moggit Girls (check them out on our Dos & Don’ts guides). I also made new friends like Diane from In My Own Style, Jean from Swee10 and Tina from Laidback. Yes, Tina, I will be buying some of your pillows.

Emily Henderson, HGTV Design Star and blogger from The Brass Petal.

Emily Henderson, HGTV Design Star 2010, made a surprise appearance. And can I just say? She’s one of my new favorite people. Sweet, funny and oh-so-creative and talented.

Will and his friend from Bright.Bazaar get the prize for traveling the farthest…they came all the way from London.

Our photographer, Melissa Blemur, uploaded a slideshow of the pictures. Go check them out! And if you were there, give a shout-out in the comments so we can say hi.

Design Inspiration

1. Nicole Cohen says:

Oh god– why is my face so big? In retrospect that ikat shirt is not as cool as I think it is.

Haha… fun day though!

2. Nicole Cohen says:

Just FYI HGTV, I cant seem to figure out how to find the design happens blog from the home page, I had to follow a link…

3. Jeannine@Small&C says:

It's so exciting to know that HGTV cares about the opinions of bloggers. I think HGTV has taken some great turns in the last year or so and I really look forward to seeing what happens next!

4. [...] Auto Draft By Nicole Cohen, on September 25th, 2010 at the HGTV lunch. Its on their blog. [...]

5. Regina - Fauxology says:

I think it's fantastic that HGTV lunches with design bloggers and inspires fantastic ideas. Sounds like it was a great event!

6. Michelle@Holley& says:

Thanks to you all for kicking off our trip to New York City with such a great event! Meeting your team and all the other design bloggers was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I was so excited to be a part of and will never forget.

7. erin says:

It was such a super fun opportunity to put faces to blog names and meet some of the minds behind a mainstay in our household – HGTV! I'd love to see ways to connect continue (HGTV hosted tweet ups? Q&As on the blog? A Facebook group??) there is such a wealth of knowledge and inspiration out there, I hope the momentum can keep going. I'm certainly going to do my best to perpetuate it on Apartment 34!

8. Lindsay says:

Thank you so much for inviting me! I had a blast and it was truly appreciated! Thank you for all your support!

P.S. I wrote about my experience here… http://adesignstory.com/lunch-with-hgtv/

Lindsay @ A Design Story

9. Thanks again for everything you guys did!! Truly a highlight of my trip!! The opportunity to meet with HGTV and all the fabulous bloggers I chat with on a daily basis will never be forgotten. It has given me so much motivation to succeed with my blog and design business…thank you!!!

10. Burnett says:

HGTV is the most frustrating site I have ever been on because, I want to got to a place where I can ask the designers from shows questions.
    IS THERE A LOCATION? WHAT DO I TYPE IN. Consumer Reports site is much easier to navigate, check it out.
    If anyone has a comment on wood or tile in the kitchen please share your thoughts.