Everybody say hi to Anzfer Farms out of San Francisco. We love their line of butch-craft-style reclaimed wood furnishings, both for their rustic, masculine lines and the eco-friendly principles behind them. You could win the gorgeous Spalted Fragment Light and Vase, made by owners/artisans Jonathan Anzalone and Joseph Ferriso.

The bases of both lamp and vase are made from fragments gathered on the Northern California shoreline. To win the set, just answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, Oct. 4. Be sure to include a valid email address so we can contact you.

This week’s question: What kind of treasures have you created from another person’s trash?

Click for official rules.

1. jarred rahn says:

I made a lamp out of a toilet flushometer for a retired plumber.

2. Pamela says:

I have my Dad's old desk that I want to use as a sink Vanity any tips or Pics

3. Susan Skutt says:

only things left by the dumpster that I could use (I got my kitchen set that way.. it was real wood!) As far as being crafty and changing the function I leave that for others :)

4. Ginnie says:

Made or repaired stuff pulled from others trash several times over the years. My 2 youngest children wanted a table and benches to paint outside, but we just did not have the money to purchase them new. Called all the resale places and not one to be had that was not a sure fancy one that was attached to a swingset and was asking over $100.00 for it. Finally driving home from picking the kids up from school. I spotted a "Little Tykes" picnic table in the trash pile. I dropped the kids at home and got back in time to pull the table off the trash pile. Yes it was dirty and needed a few parts of hardware replaced. Scrubbed it up and the company replaced the hardware free to me! Had that bench for 12 years, and finally sold it in a local consignment shop for something like $25.00

5. Barb says:

Hope the neighbor was okay with that! lol!

6. CplusE says:

Coincidentally, we made a table base from a leftover scrap of a peeled log that was used as a ceiling beam by the previous owners who built a house we later bought!

7. donna harris says:

Made 2 cat trees out of wood that was thrown away from work. The carpet on the trees was thrown out from leftovers from a house.

8. daveinchicago says:

I rescued an old world atlas from the trash. I have used the maps for gift wrap, to decoupage paper mache bowls (using maps for places the receipients of the bowls had traveled), to decoupage paper boxes, and to make a mat for a framed photograph (I used a map of France for a photo of friends at the Arc du Triumpe. That atlas has probably gotten more use since it came from the trash than it ever had when it was serving its originally intended role!