Everybody say hi to Anzfer Farms out of San Francisco. We love their line of butch-craft-style reclaimed wood furnishings, both for their rustic, masculine lines and the eco-friendly principles behind them. You could win the gorgeous Spalted Fragment Light and Vase, made by owners/artisans Jonathan Anzalone and Joseph Ferriso.

The bases of both lamp and vase are made from fragments gathered on the Northern California shoreline. To win the set, just answer this week’s question before 12/11c, Monday, Oct. 4. Be sure to include a valid email address so we can contact you.

This week’s question: What kind of treasures have you created from another person’s trash?

Click for official rules.

1. tbear14 says:

I am making candle holders out of old glass insulators off of electrical poles. Clear and green glass with old wire!

2. terilla says:

I like to make quilt pieces from old shirts and skirts They work out great.

3. Erica Best says:

in high school my sis found a ottoman on the street and i took it school and redid it over and won the mi state award that year.

4. Bonnie Bennett says:

:) Just love HGTV house hunters my favorite then Mike Holmes

5. jwb says:

I rescued a chair from the dump and had it reupholstered in a Waverly fabric I got for next to nothing. The upholstery was done in a school where I worked.

6. Sally says:

I used OLD door knobs, with the plates still on the back of them, put one on each side of the window for a long window "scarf" to hang on…I get a lot of positive comments about this window treatment:)

7. cookie says:

My neighbor 'kicked her husband to the curb'; so I went out, picked him up, cleaned him off, got him a job and married him. . .! He's now MY wage-earning honeybunch! Hey, one (wo)man's trash 'can be' another one's treasure – hah! …and I am Unanimous in that. . .! :-D

8. Betty says:

Got some old school chairs for $1 each, spray painted them and then used foam and oil cloth to make new padded seats and backs for kitchen chairs.

9. Terri Clevenger says:

I've always been big on recycling things including rescuing sad looking plants at nurseries. I collect seashells and add with some sand in unique glass containers, make my own bath salts and add to unique glass jars (often times found at thrift stores). Free river rock when someone advertises they want to change their landscape, becomes recycled treasure for another person. Old picture frames decorated in different colors and fabrics makes an interesting collage. Jars, glass containers, and even tin cans decorated make beautiful and interesting candle holders. Old pieces of furniture sanded and re-stained have become treasures. The list can go on and on, so it is all in perspective and taking the risk to see beyond the old, worn look. Of course, nature has an endless supply of natural materials to work into a creative treasure.

10. I made old shoe trees into coat hooks for our mudroom

• Beach-blue walls, sea glass-inspired accessories and aqua

• A brown demilune table, too tall for the pint-size space,

• This bright blue wall hue is playful enough for a kids'

• Room With a View: 8 Dreamy Beachside Bedrooms