ShopModi wants to add some spunk to your furniture and tableware with doilies. Wait! Don’t leave. These aren’t Granny’s lace doilies, draped over chair arms, destined to collect dust and cat hair.

Instead, these are eco-friendly mats with modern flair. Dress up a table, set one under a vase or brighten your sideboard at parties. Add your name to the drawing by answering this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Oct. 18.

This week’s question: What’s your favorite “this ain’t your granny’s” product makeover?

Click for official rules.

Freebies

1. Tracie says:

I made my coffee table out of an giant picture frame that I got for free and added wood to the middle and feet from spindles that you would use for staircases and attached them so they are removable, I also made my headboard from a giant picture frame attached wood to the middle, and the end so it would have posts and handpainted it and attached it to my wall with L brackets. I love it and have had many compliments. HGTV ROCKS!!!!! I LOVE TO DECORATE AND CREATE

2. Christine Kujawa says:

My favorite 'this ain't your granny's makeover' are quilts and the many ways they are used today to decorate. I never thought my daughter would be a quilter, but she has made some beautiful quilts, throws and totes that are so 'today'.

3. Belinda says:

I bought two file cabients (the two drawer style) at an auction. They were blond and the bedroom was a darker wood. I sanded them and stained them to match the bed. Now we have bedside tables that are the perfect height and provide storage at the same time.

4. Crystal Bruner says:

My favorite "this ain't your granny's " product makeover would be the Kymaro Body Shaper. I remember when I was young my mom wearing a girdle, & I was thinking to myself, no way–it's not worth this! I saw the infomercial on the Kymaro Body Shaper & thought if only this had come out in my mom's day!

5. I have to admit the doilies are adorable, but my favorite "ain't your granny's" makeover was from an antique door that a friend redesigned to make an amazing workbench/table/desk. I wish I still had pictures. He used old chair and stool legs which gave it an eclectic/funky look. I loved it, but it was so heavy.

6. sarah says:

I think my granny would be offended by this question. Once I refurbed an antique chair and got reprimanded….

7. Joy Plyler says:

In 1983 my Dad built me a china hutch. It was stained a maple color. Had glass doors etc. When I renovated my kitchen dining it just didn't match, so I took the doors off, sanded and painted a cobalt blue then painted black gloss on top. Now when it is distressed I see the beautiful blue. The open shelfs look more modern and my blue room collection plates are stunner against the black. Love it.

8. Laura Krbec says:

I took a piece of outside wall art, hung it with chain from the ceiling and added some S hooks to turn it into a pot rack. It cost a third of the price, and allows me the extra storage I needed. I have oil rubbed bronze fixtures in the kitchen so the black from the art worked great!

9. Cindy says:

I have doilies all around my house! I love the pops of color they add. I crochet my own and enjoy making them. These are my favorite "this ain't your granny's " style!!

10. becca says:

When my grammy had to move in with my parents, a lot of her things had to be pared down. I swooped in and asked her for her art collection which was going in the trash!!! Nothing terribly valuable, a ton of gold framed monet prints from the 60's and 70's. My husband thought I would never actually hang them because the frames were so gaudy, but he was super wrong. We can't exactly afford to re-frame them all, so I spray painted all of the frames in a brushed nickel or black. They look amazing for a mere $12 in spray paint. And now even though I live so far away and so much has changed, I will always be reminded of grammys house when I see them, but won't have to hide them in the closet because they don't match the decor.

• DIY Thanksgiving Decor ♡ Cute + Affordable