One of our absolute favorite designers, Lori Dennis, wants to give you a sneak peak of her new book. Lori is an expert on executing green design that’s smart and chic. Green Interior Design is her easy-to-use, inspirational manual for creating a beautifully designed home that focuses on reducing waste and pollution, as well as protecting the health of those living in it.

This Allworth Press release is available in stores later this month, but I’ve got an advance copy with your name on it. Simply answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Nov. 8. to win. And check out Lori Dennis on HGTV’s Designers’ Portfolio.

This week’s question: What ways have you gone green in your home?

PS If you’re coming here from Facebook.com/HGTV, you’ll need to answer the question in the comments below for it to count. Questions answered on the Facebook site aren’t entered into the contest.

Click for official rules.

1. We recycle at home and at work (Walmart). I would so love to be a part of the Green Interior Design! Sounds very cool!

2. Sharon says:

I bought a new energy efficient refrigerator and washer.

3. Susan P. says:

Whenever I have to replace any furniture, I don't buy anything with particleboard. We recycle and reuse, fix and salvage whatever we can.

4. Copy Cat Chic says:

composting, recycling, all eco-friendly cleaners, phasing out plastics in the kitch :)

5. Heather says:

I am a college student so I can't afford green appliances and such by I still try to do my part. I am green by turning off lights, recycling and using compact fluorescent light bulbs. I am also in school to become a housing designer and a hopefully an architect. I try to incorporate green or sustainable design into my projects as much as possible so when I am a designer I will have the knowledge to use green design in my future projects.

6. deena says:

We have put containers in the garage for different recycling items and I have changed my cleaning agents

7. Daniel says:

I don't know a lot about Green Design, because there is so much out there it is hard to tell what really works. Although, I do have a few old favorites — composting, recycling, using newspaper for moving, drying pumpkin seeds to replant a pumpkin patch, growing your own vegetable garden, and most important sharing what really works.

- Daniel –

8. laura says:

we use compact bulbs, recycle, amd reuse items as much as possible. The seed our house birds don't eat we take outaide for the wild birds to eat. It's the small things and changes that help

9. Lillian says:

we use a rain barrel for the plants on the deck and we try to reduce our packaged purchases. We re-use our bags and other things as well as trying not to heat or cool thou house too much

10. Nadja Yu says:

Hi, I have gone green by utilizing the energy efficient light bulbs and the green air filters for my home.

• Eclectic bird cages are grouped together to create a fun

• A sitting area comprised of blue and white furniture holds

• Organization: DIY Children’s Clothing Rack