One of our absolute favorite designers, Lori Dennis, wants to give you a sneak peak of her new book. Lori is an expert on executing green design that’s smart and chic. Green Interior Design is her easy-to-use, inspirational manual for creating a beautifully designed home that focuses on reducing waste and pollution, as well as protecting the health of those living in it.

This Allworth Press release is available in stores later this month, but I’ve got an advance copy with your name on it. Simply answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Nov. 8. to win. And check out Lori Dennis on HGTV’s Designers’ Portfolio.

This week’s question: What ways have you gone green in your home?

PS If you’re coming here from Facebook.com/HGTV, you’ll need to answer the question in the comments below for it to count. Questions answered on the Facebook site aren’t entered into the contest.

Click for official rules.

1. melissa says:

we recycle, use non toxic cleaners, don't wear shoes in the house, gave up bottled water, compost scraps, eat only organic produce, stopped eating meat (I miss you fried chicken), use cloth diapers, make our own baby food, and yesterday I convinced our daycare to give up lysol and febreeze!!! Go green!

2. dmeone says:

I recycle and read all the updates to keep up on anything new added to the items accepted. I compost and have a worm bin. Warmup water is used on plants. Ride my bicycle when practical. I've always got a collapsible cooler in the car. This enables me plan group grocery and other shopping in the same trip and not have to worry about items that need refrigeration.

3. mailcheck says:

My husband built a composter so we save kitchen scraps for it, newspaper, leaves, coffee grounds and tea bags, etc. I have over 20 plants in our mobile home and have arranged a few of them into a green room divider! We re-purpose whenever possible – even doing crafts with some of the materials. I am a member of the Freecycle Community so regularly recycle all sorts of household items and clothing. We donate yard sale left overs to the Veteran's Thrift Shop which helps homeless veterans. We hold "Give & Takes" which is an open house style, free yard sale. We are keeping the heat down this winter and dressing more warmly. We have had an energy audit. We closed off 2 rooms that we do not need to heat in the winter and we use energy efficient light bulbs. I have reuseable totes to take to the grocery store to save on paper and plastic. Had our own garden and do canning, freezing and drying of the produce. Also glean where allowed and have been known to dumpster dive! Always learning – more natural foods – more natural cleaners.

4. mailcheck says:

Would love to see your pattern! I have been saving different colored bags to do the same thing. But unsure of my pattern. Would it be possible to see yours?
    Thanks.

5. Debbie Perez says:

Recycling and composting so far but want to do more.

6. Linda says:

We have painted the entire house with no VOC paint. We installed a new tankless hot water heater, we have super insulated, we recycle as much as possible, we buy local, and I am a Redesigner which is totally green!

7. Jen D. says:

We grow our own food in an organic garden as much as possible. We try to purchase locally. We compost, recycle, re-use, buy used clothes, cloth diaper, re-usable rags/towels instead of paper, use energy saving light bulbs (but are hoping to replace those soon because of the dirty electricity they produce) and we use environmentally friendly cleaners. We are trying. Since we live in the Seattle area we have a lot of rain water. Our next project is trying to harvest some of that water with a rain water collection system. Now I just need to get the hubby on board.

8. Judy says:

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." This saying actually came out of the depression years. I remember my grandmother quoting it all of the time.

We've switched to compact flourescents. I've always turned off lights when I leave a room. Growing up, my family didn't have a lot of money, and it was a way for us to cut costs. I've switched to eco-friendly cleaners and recycled products where possible, I've also started using natural sprays on my roses and herbs.

9. Nancy says:

I make my own cleaning sprays with essential oils, rain barrels, light bulbs, composting, recycle paper, cans, plastics and what ever else I can find. Use non toxic paints, make my own laundry soap, unplug unused items, keep the heat down at night and when away. Stopped using plastic water bottles, wash at night or weekends, mow my yard with the bag on to compost the leaves…use clothes lines to dry clothes. My cleaning service uses clean cleaning supplies…Nancy

10. Kathy says:

We bought a composter and recycle all food scraps and it makes a great fertilizer for our vegetable garden. We also recycle all plastics, glass, paper and aluminum. Participated in the save energy program by LIPA and replaced our old oil burner with an energy efficient gas burner. We replaced most of the light bulbs in our home with energy efficient light bulbs. I painted my Daughters room with no VOC paint. Use cloth napkins instead of paper. Use cleaners that are made of organic materials and purchase organic milk and food when it is available.

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"

• As seen on HGTV's "Property Brothers At Home"