Suzani prints are the perfect way to bring color home. These 18th-century textiles were traditionally made by brides in Central Asia to present to the groom on their wedding day. Now, three centuries later, they’re adding an exotic touch to modern interiors.

Elle Decor

I love these gorgeous embroidered textiles. The traditional moon disk and floral patterns make them versatile enough to be the perfect accent piece in any room.

Domino

Suzani prints are not only beautiful, but practical. Vintage quilts can instantly warm up a room, adding both color and texture. They make the perfect tabletop decor and add global appeal to a holiday table setting. And why not try one framed and hung on the wall, like the one below, from Canadian House and Home?

Canadian House and Home

A suzani wall hanging can be the basis of an entire room’s color palette. Here this room is built around the fabric’s purple, citron and gray.

Elle Decor

Suzani prints add three elements that every home needs: color, texture, and pieces that tell a story. Discover your own special print at your favorite fabric store, or search online for antique shops that offer vintage fabrics.

1. pixelecho69 says:

One would have to be very Bold for this design's you literally have to build a hole room around it because of all those patterns and colors ! WOW !

2. gremol says:

I love the Suzani prints, I could put one in every room of my house!

3. noviette says:

That's really coloring any room. I like it.. <a href="http://www.apriliani.com” target=”_blank”>www.apriliani.com

4. Suzanne Lasky says:

Adore Suzani patterns. It is geometric, with a softening effect. Using Ikat and Suzani patterns are a great way to introduce color and pattern to an otherwise neutral space. The key is to carry a color from the pattern around the room in accessories (pillows, objet etc.)

5. Louis d'Arbois says:

This is so beautiful! The ones from the Bootstrap Project are gorgeous too and you can even see videos of the artisans:

6. Meryanne Loum-Martin says:

The 2 "Suzanis" framed in the "Canadian House and home" are from Rubelli. They are not original hand made Suzanis, but their pattern was brilliantly used by Rubelli.
    I have used this fabric in a project I did for a private villa at the Four Seasons resort in Marrakech

7. Mike says:

If I could buy this house I would want the dogs included.