A few of you have asked what we plan to do with our spare bedrooms, and since I shared a master bedroom sneak peek last week, I thought it time to do the same with our guest bedroom, too.

Truth be told, the bedrooms needed little work, other than ripping out a few walls and transforming a closet into a guest bath. Yet in one particular bedroom, a botched wallpaper removal job meant we had to work on some serious wall treatments. Rather than installing drywall over our mistakes, we decided to cover the patches with wood paneling — perfect for our Scandinavian aesthetic.

Want to see the look and a quickie how-to? This couldn’t have been easier:

There you have it! Of course, we will be painting everything white, as we so often do, and I’m envisioning transforming this space into a sweet nursery when the time comes (that’s not an invitation, storks!).

See you next week with a sneak peek on our dining room table plans, just in time for a hearty Thanksgiving meal!

Design Inspiration

1. Jessica says:

I'd love to see Ken and Erin for a full 30 minutes (or an hour?!?!) every week on TV! Luckily, I can also just drive 3 hours to see them in person. But seriously – you guys are a dream team on camera!

(And Erin- I love your day two perfectly themed costume change – great gloves!)

2. erin loechner says:

HA — you are so sweet! Thanks, Jess! Those are my gardening gloves, but eh — they're too cute not to use year-round! :)

3. erin loechner says:

Ha, thanks, AB!

4. Janet says:

You two are amazing. This wall paneling really captures that sandinavian design. Love, love, love seeing what you will come up with next.

5. erin loechner says:

Thank you so much! :)

6. Uncle Beefy says:

It's *ridiculous* how good you two are at this!!! Talk about pros!

I LOVE the paneling! Looks great! Are you *sure* you wanna paint it white? Even though I completely understand that motivation! :) I love me some wood and white!

7. [...] -Speaking of said future nursery, Ken and I wall-paneled a spare bedroom in our renovation home and posted a fun little video on HGTV.com. Enjoy. -My 30/30/30 challenge is still in full swing, and it’s getting harder by the day. [...]

8. Dick Shankle says:

Associated Press Sunday paper 11/21 shows a Thanksgiving table sponsored by Design Happens, HGTV.com and I need to contact them. I broke a glass 9" pillar glass candle shade shown in this picture and can't find where to get another one. Can someone get me out of the "dog house" by Thanksgiving? Dick
    r.shankle@mshci.com phone 260 925-0994

9. For any further information regarding 3 month payday cash advances, please feel
    free in visiting to us new orleans concerts if you
    usually do not think you may qualify for the refinance because you
    have a very used car, then you better think again.