Add a touch of kitsch to your kitchen with tea towels.

tea towels

My grandmother loves to make and give tea towels as gifts for the holidays. (Hers feature a button clasp that allows you to hang them from your fridge handle. Genius.) While I don’t have the sewing machine nor the sewing skill to create lovely kitchen towels like hers, I love that others do and that I can find such adorable handmade options on Etsy from sellers like TaylorsType.

Longing for a craftacular Christmas? Tune in for the premiere of HGTV’s new show 15 Fresh Handmade Gift Ideas on Friday, November 26 at 7pm ET. And kick off your holiday shopping with our guide to 100 of our favorite handmade gifts from Etsy crafters highlighted in the show.

1. mcm says:

There is nothing like hand made towels from your grandmother. I have several tea towels she made for me.

2. pixelecho69 says:

I love all this handmade details, my aunt makes beautiful crochet napkins and to me this is so special when you have the talent to create and inspire people, I have a couple of her lovely napkins but they are only on display I don't let any one touch them.

3. thomas ssabo says:

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about information and love learning more on this. If possible, as you gain expertise, It is extremely helpful for me,thomas sabo
    would you mind updating your blog with more information?

4. Wanda says:

I love to sew simple and easy projects, I have made the tea towels you hang from the stove and refrig, also have made items from pre made napkins and placemats, etc.., totes, makebags, and curling iron holders for the busy traveler. Also make a holder you can place on a Walker to hold items to carry. My sister says if it is simple and quick I can make it.

• Shirl says:

It's so nice to hear that someone has made "hanging" tea towels, but I know nothing about starting. Frankly I know nothing abut crocheting but I was visiting someone and saw the pretty tea towels handing from the stove and thought I would like to try.
      Do you have a pattern I could use? I have all the time in the world because I have MS.

5. Jim Halvorson says:

I'm a baker…love the details, especially when words say "EAT!"

Lili ZarghamiLili is Editorial Director of HGTV.com. Her personal obsessions include looking for just the right sofa, ogling real estate listings, and reading floor-plans. She has an admitted "chair problem," collecting...