To celebrate tonight’s premiere of the show 15 Fresh Handmade Gift Ideas, we’re giving away a little piece of HGTV. Watch the special this evening at 7/6 for a look at hundreds of our favorite Etsy gifts, as well as excellent how-tos for 15 fabulous crafts you can make and give as presents.

I snagged this on-trend and utterly cute birdhouse terrarium by Etsy seller No Place Like Gnome while visiting the set of the 15 Fresh Handmade Gift Ideas shoot.

Take a few seconds to answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Nov. 29 for your chance to win the kit to recreate this whimsical terrarium.

This week’s question: What is the most cherished handmade gift you’ve given or received?

And don’t forget to watch the show!

Click for official rules.

1. Heather says:

When I was a child, my grandfather and father made me a handcrafted scale model dollhouse patterned after a house an ancestor lived in in Massachusetts in the 18th century. My grandpa even visited the house in person to take measurements. As far as gifts I've given, I know many of the gifts I've given to babies are still in use (especially the blankets).

2. Mings_Things says:

Best handmade gift given? A quilt made for my nephew or Christmas cookies (back in the day when I was a stay-at-home mom and had the time to make them) for family and friends. I sooooo appreciate them now whenever I get them…YUM.
    Best handmade gift received? I guess I am an old softie at heart but ANYTHING made by my children or nephews…like the scribbles that they say are a tree and sunshine or the birthday cards with 'I love you' inside…..

3. beyond says:

a scarf knitted by my grandmother. illustrated cards scribbled by my nephews.

4. Erica Best says:

a painted boxed made by my nephew

5. MED says:

Just finished watching the show. The girls were m-o-r-o-n-s! "Use an acrylic sweater so it won't ravel when you cut it". WRONG! " Cut off the trim on the burlap coffee sack". Ummm…. even a novice seamstress knows that "trim" is called the selvedge. The crafting ideas were lame, lame, lame. A real disappointment. For shame HGTV. Bring back Carol Duvall if you want a crafter who knows what she is talking about.

6. margaret avarello says:

My best friend in the 70's was expecting a baby so I decided to make a baby quilt. I had never made one but I had a lot of polyester scrapes of polka dots, squares, circles and a blend of all. The quilt was about a 50 inch by 36 inch size to throw on the floor. I now know most quilts are made out of cotton, but this quilt turned out really pretty, and I had a lot of compliments when I went to the fabric store to get a backing for it. I'm glad I used polyester because as it turns out the quilt was used by the brother and then given back to the original boy and he has passed it down to his children and it is still in pretty good condition and loved by many, I wish I would have saved some of that material.

7. Amber says:

The most cherished handmade gift I ever gave was a shadowbox in memory of my grandfather who passed away. It was in a homemade frame that I painted black. The background was actually one of his white, pocketed t-shirts that he wore all the time. Inside was a picture and a poem about memories with him. I gave it to my Granny and she loved it so much, she cried. She has it hanging up in the middle of her living room and she is so proud of it!

8. jacqueline harris says:

the most cherished handmade gift I ever received was from my grandfather on my 8th birthday, a small jewerly box he had made for me, a few months later he died. I have kept the jewerly box with me after all these years filled with memories of my grandfather.

9. [...] has put together a special Freebie Friday on this years day after Thanksgiving! To celebrate the premiere tonight of HGVT’s new show, [...]

10. CplusE says:

The best handmade gift I ever received was a carved wooden whale on a pedestal made by one of my brothers in shop class when we were children. It was the first thing he had ever carved and it is perfectly done — I still have it and display it proudly after over 40 years!