No, it’s not yet decorated. In fact, there is no floor. Sorry about that. Carpeting is next on our list, but we paused for a turkey binge last week and haven’t yet fully recuperated.

We did, however, manage to rock the face off our master bedroom ceiling project. Remember? The ceiling that caused all of our insulation woes? Well. Take a peek at it now:

Pretty amazing, yes? I somehow can’t believe it exists and halfway expect to drop by the house and see the old, ugly, low popcorn ceiling teasing us from above.

We used the same technique we shared in our wood plank ceiling paneling post, but added angles, headaches and a lot more math to the equation. Well worth it.

We’ve still got a bit of work to do, however:

1. Thrift, purchase and install a barn door for entrance to the master bath suite.
  2. Carpet, carpet, carpet! (We chose these chic little FLOR tiles and can’t wait to install them!)
  3. Trim out window and floor boards.
  4. Build custom, built-in closet.
  5. Choose and hang statement pendant (I’m leaning toward this pretty pendant — what do you guys think?).
  6. Decorate away!

It’s getting closer, friends. We’re hoping to enjoy our master suite getaway in time for Christmas Eve, but that might be wishful thinking. (Anything you can do, Santa? We’ve been so good this year!)

Design Inspiration

1. Melissa de la Fuente says:

Um….I frickin LOVE it! wow, wow, wow darlin! It is magnificent and so is that hubby of yours! LOVE that light fixture too and I simple can NOT wait to see it all done!
    xo
    Melis

2. @SimplifiedBee says:

Love it! Your hubby rocks!

xo,
    cristin

3. erin loechner says:

My husband definitely rocks, yes.

And Amy — thank you for your pendant feedback! I've honestly wondered the same thing! We're going to test it out, but we might be opting for something more bold in the future… I'll keep you posted! :)

4. @360FLOORING says:

Well done! I'm so glad you decided to go with the wooden panels for the ceiling… Maybe you could put some lighting – even just rope lighting – on the top of the beams to give you a cool indirect overhead glow. It might look awesome at night. Just a thought…

5. Gail says:

This looks AMAZINGGGG Erin! Tell Ken I said WELL DONE YOU ;)

PS – Can't wait to see it in person!

PPS – GET THAT PENDANT – it's gorgeous!

6. Brian Patrick Flynn says:

OMG, this looks like a $75k professional job. SO IMPRESSIVE. And so clean. The natural light is SICK. Great work, Erin. For real.

7. [...] been stringing you along with big reveals here and there, so Ken and I thought it was time to take you on a quickie tour of the whole house. [...]