No, it’s not yet decorated. In fact, there is no floor. Sorry about that. Carpeting is next on our list, but we paused for a turkey binge last week and haven’t yet fully recuperated.
We did, however, manage to rock the face off our master bedroom ceiling project. Remember? The ceiling that caused all of our insulation woes? Well. Take a peek at it now:
Pretty amazing, yes? I somehow can’t believe it exists and halfway expect to drop by the house and see the old, ugly, low popcorn ceiling teasing us from above.
We used the same technique we shared in our wood plank ceiling paneling post, but added angles, headaches and a lot more math to the equation. Well worth it.
We’ve still got a bit of work to do, however:
- Thrift, purchase and install a barn door for entrance to the master bath suite.
- Carpet, carpet, carpet! (We chose these chic little FLOR tiles and can’t wait to install them!)
- Trim out window and floor boards.
- Build custom, built-in closet.
- Choose and hang statement pendant (I’m leaning toward this pretty pendant — what do you guys think?).
- Decorate away!
It’s getting closer, friends. We’re hoping to enjoy our master suite getaway in time for Christmas Eve, but that might be wishful thinking. (Anything you can do, Santa? We’ve been so good this year!)