Well aren’t I a little rebel. Just because I’m a little preppy doesn’t mean that I’m a prude. And yes, I do have a membership at a country club….a country club for filthy rich, rebellious and extremely fashion-forward intellectuals, not accepting applications right now. Or ever. All full. Sorry.

I drink Old Fashioneds while sitting in my perfectly worn Chesterfield, smoking Virginia Slims, ironically of course. I read Sartre and Nietzsche, and prefer European men and purebred dogs (Weimaraners, yes). I need modern twists on traditional forms — dark and sinewy shapes, and patterns that are unexpected and contrast perfectly against each other. I’m not playful but I am sardonic. I’m not girly, but I am sexy. I’m cosmopolitan, but I wouldn’t be caught drinking one….please, 2002 called and they want their fruity chick drink back.

(Thanks to Christopher Kane’s spring 2011 line for the inspiration.)

Design Inspiration

1. Tamara Styles says:

There is nothing Granny about you Emily…new word girl…(Smile)

2. Joy D says:

LOVE EMILY HENDERSON'S STYLE!

Vermilion, Ohio<3

3. pixelecho69 says:

Well done Emily that's a nice style very creative and Inventive.

4. Vee says:

So… is this oh so nose up in the air supposed to impress us? I get so tired of the pretense in TV and online. This isn't new and I am tired of the same old decorating tips being put out there with a garrish flair. Can we get Chris Madden back?

5. Mountain Mama says:

Emily — loved the aubergine walls in your man-tique/cozy chic episode yesterday. With the light botanical curtains, and wood cornices, such a great, earthy look!

6. Robin says:

No Secrets From a Stylist the past few weeks on Saturday nights. New Design Star winner ("Great Rooms" with Meg) has a show on instead. WHAT DID YOU DO WITH EMILY HENDERSON AND WHEN WILL SHE BE BACK, HGTV?

7. Lisa says:

HGTV, bring back Secrets from a Stylist!