The Pantone Color Institute, the international authority on all things color, has just released the color of the year for 2011. Welcome honeysuckle, a reddish-pink hue that’s sure to energize your interiors.

Perfect for spring decorating, you will soon see home furnishings and accessories popping up in this 2011 color choice.

Elle Decor

Bold and vibrant, honeysuckle is an upbeat color meant to stimulate your space.

Designers from Badgley Mischka told Pantone that they love the idea of pairing honeysuckle with “whispers of gray and ivory for an overall breezy feel.” These pink and ivory chairs will definitely do the trick!

You can add a fun touch of this shade with accessories like this John Robshaw Primrose Pillow. You might also find cute glassware and table linens to bring honeysuckle home.

For those who want to go bold, follow Miles Redd’s lead, and paint the walls in this grown-up shade of pink. More sophisticated than Barbie-doll pink, honeysuckle walls add depth and make a strong statement.

The Loaded Trunk

So what are the perfect colors to pair honeysuckle with? I’m a fan of gold for glamor and drama.

Designer Peter Som recommends adding black for a classic and graphic appeal, and I have to agree. I absolutely love the way honeysuckle and black come together in this dhurrie rug.

1. Tangoboy says:

Outside on the screened in porch, yes. Inside…NO!

2. Janet says:

Not for me, my honeysuckle is orange! Yes it would be pretty in a young teen girls room but not in the main living quarters unless you are….well….frui-tay! I agree with several other comments, it's a matter of personal taste and what gives an individual comfort and relaxation.

3. Dee says:

Uh… looks like Pepto Bismol. Sort of. Not very cool for the living room.

4. sjrf says:

also thought of honeysuckle as a yellow with a pinkish center. accents maybe, but NOT wall color. 50's and 60's had their favorite color schemes and that would fit right in. i LOVE bright colors, but that one would not even be one i would consider.

5. Mary Ellen Doyle says:

nothing says "happy" like a dead moose head hanging on your wall…… NOT!!!

6. JANE HOPPER says:

JANE I DIDN'T LIKE PINK AS A KID AND I DON'T LIKE PINK AS AN ADULT. I THINK THAT ROOM IS BUTT UGLY. YOU COULDN'T GIVE ME THIS ROOM. I USUALLY LIKE WHAT THE DECORATORS COME UP WITH, BUT MARY ELLEN IS CORRECT, THE DEAD MOUSE HEAD IS DISGUSTING!

7. […] Balis warms it up with Pantone’s 2011 color of the year, honeysuckle, for a fresh take on […]

8. […] especially after Pantone announced Honeysuckle as their 2011 Color of the Year. Read our color guru Jeanine Hays’ take on Honeysuckle. Then let us know what you think about it, […]