The Pantone Color Institute, the international authority on all things color, has just released the color of the year for 2011. Welcome honeysuckle, a reddish-pink hue that’s sure to energize your interiors.

Perfect for spring decorating, you will soon see home furnishings and accessories popping up in this 2011 color choice.

Elle Decor

Bold and vibrant, honeysuckle is an upbeat color meant to stimulate your space.

Designers from Badgley Mischka told Pantone that they love the idea of pairing honeysuckle with “whispers of gray and ivory for an overall breezy feel.” These pink and ivory chairs will definitely do the trick!

You can add a fun touch of this shade with accessories like this John Robshaw Primrose Pillow. You might also find cute glassware and table linens to bring honeysuckle home.

For those who want to go bold, follow Miles Redd’s lead, and paint the walls in this grown-up shade of pink. More sophisticated than Barbie-doll pink, honeysuckle walls add depth and make a strong statement.

The Loaded Trunk

So what are the perfect colors to pair honeysuckle with? I’m a fan of gold for glamor and drama.

Designer Peter Som recommends adding black for a classic and graphic appeal, and I have to agree. I absolutely love the way honeysuckle and black come together in this dhurrie rug.

1. Lisa Foresteire says:

Tailored Interiors <a href="http://www.tailored-interiors.com” target=”_blank”>www.tailored-interiors.com
    Creating fine designer looks for your interior & exterior spaces at affordable pricingWith the proper design, any space can be turned into an environment of well-being and efficiency. Tailored Interiors is dedicated to creating interiors that unite form and function into a single concept reflecting your own personality and style.

Introducing this color in small doses, as in toss pillows,a throw, a picture with this color incorporated into, an area rug with this color incorporated into it, these are just a few idea to introduce this color into your space in small doses.
    Tailored Interiors, Venice, FL

2. Candace says:

Awesome, whimsical and versatile. Perfect wake-me-up in gloomy political.economic times….

3. pixelecho69 says:

Honeysuckle is a sweet color and I am glad it was chosen to be color of the year easy to blend with other colors and easy on the eyes too.

4. Marthalyn says:

Honeysuckle flowers in southern USA are mostly yellow… the pale pink is rare. Pinks are in
    the rhododendron family……. or so I was told…. :) Looks like an azalea color to me..
    Pretty by any name.

5. [...] if you are head over heals about PANTONE’s honeysuckle HGTV just posted a fantastic article showcasing home furnishings and accessories in the now popular shade of [...]

6. Jeanine Hays says:

Charles, you're definitely right. Pink isn't for everyone. What color would you have liked to see for 2011?

7. [...] “Pantone’s Color of the Year: Honeysuckle” and related posts (hgtv.com) [...]

8. Liz says:

I totally agree with Martha about Azaleas…yellow was my first thought about Honeysuckle. But I live in the South, also!

9. Vicki Perdue says:

I agree..Honeysuckle…Yellow with a touch of Honeysuckle Pink or vice versa..Yellow is a happy color and can be accented by so many colors including the pink for a cheerful and happy place to be…bah hum bug to greys and chilly colors..depressing….Color can be used to lift spirits in our home more than any one element

10. @mrpopcult says:

It's nothing more than pink. Haven't we seen enough of this already? I see nothing original about this at all.