The pouf is popular again, popping up in magazine spreads and blogs for months now. I wasn’t sure where to buy them until the interior design gods shined down upon me and I came across the website for Scandinavian retailer Huset. (Norse gods I assume.) And because of my love for you, our Design Happens’ readers, I knew I had to get a Huset pouf for a Freebie Friday.

Featured blogger Erinn Valencich’s inaugural post noted the the knit pouf trend. And Huset wants to make sure you start the new year with extra seating in the form of a free coral Pouf Pouf by Danish-design brand Ferm Living. Just answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Dec. 26 for your chance at this comfy, cozy, dual-functioning footrest/stool.

This week’s question: What’s that special something you do to prepare your home for holiday guests?

Keep your Christmas and New Year’s visitors happy (and keep yourself sane!) with holiday organization tips and hosting tricks from HGTV.com.

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Furniture

1. Emily says:

I make sure that I have a festive candle lit and the Christmas music blaring on the surround sound. Feeding them is always a must:)

2. Smubba says:

I try to bake cookies and pies. these are things my husband and I don't typically eat (not sweet- tooths). But I love the smell of baking apple pie and serving it to guests. I also try to calm my mind and heart. This is such a busy time of year and its meaning can get lost. Time for meditation and contemplation are a must. In future years, I hope to meditate on a pouf . . .

3. Jeannine says:

We pulled out some furry throws to add a little texture and color to the sofa and chairs this season. It definitely makes things a little more cozy.

4. Sarah says:

I always have fudge and cookies nearby on a Christmas platter. Even if my home isn't ready for them, I can feed them and that makes everyone happy.

5. Andrea says:

Colorful throw pillows!

6. Laura says:

Cleaning the house is a big step for us! Our kitty cat leaves hair everywhere, and it's not until someone comes over that it really sinks in that the couch needs a good vacuuming!! Making sure the litter box is hidden somewhere else than the half bath is always good too. ;)

7. Amanda alligood says:

Dim the lights, put on some Nat King Cole, light a soy based holiday scented candle and hand them a glass of wine. But most important is making sure our puppy is occupied otherwise no one will be able to relax!

8. Ming says:

Hosting Christmas Eve dinner for my immediate family (and this year my first grandchild) before doing our traditional visit to life-long friend's home for 'Christmas Breakfast' (when little it was after midnight Mass) is the thing I do to make my family feel comfortable as we start our holiday festivities!

9. Aimee says:

I make sure to have some mulling spices brewing on the stove to make the whole house smell like Christmas, the faux fireplace DVD playing (you have to work with what you've got), and all the Christmas lights on!

10. Cindy says:

Through the years people have handmade a number of holiday things for me. I try to find a way to incorporate it into my decorating somewhere in my house. Some are more obvious than others or used in a different way than you might think. Then when that person comes by I show it to them and thank them once again. It is a compliment to our friendship and their generosity. It makes them feel the same way your child does when they bring you home their artwork and display it. We never grow out of that need deep in our heart to feel someone treasures what we add to their life.

• Throw an oh-so-fun and not-so-scary cupcake decorating

• Send Halloween guests home with an adorable custom party