The pouf is popular again, popping up in magazine spreads and blogs for months now. I wasn’t sure where to buy them until the interior design gods shined down upon me and I came across the website for Scandinavian retailer Huset. (Norse gods I assume.) And because of my love for you, our Design Happens’ readers, I knew I had to get a Huset pouf for a Freebie Friday.

Featured blogger Erinn Valencich’s inaugural post noted the the knit pouf trend. And Huset wants to make sure you start the new year with extra seating in the form of a free coral Pouf Pouf by Danish-design brand Ferm Living. Just answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Dec. 26 for your chance at this comfy, cozy, dual-functioning footrest/stool.

This week’s question: What’s that special something you do to prepare your home for holiday guests?

Keep your Christmas and New Year’s visitors happy (and keep yourself sane!) with holiday organization tips and hosting tricks from HGTV.com.

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Furniture

1. Natalie says:

This year I made a very special Christmas banner to hang over the fireplace and once the stockings are in place it officially feels like Christmas.

2. Anna says:

Lots of hot drinks, snacks, and a warm cozy fire greet my guests during the holidays. Christmas lights in every window, all surrounded with classic Christmas music, and we enjoy the laugher of new and old friends along with family.

3. Laura R says:

I play George Winston's album "December" and set out bowls filled with red and green candies. We have our tree lit from the moment we wake up to when we go to bed, so even if the house isn't perfect our guests will instantly receive the holiday spirit.

4. Kaylee says:

Clean until I cannot stand it, load up the fridge with drinks and fruit, and light all of my Christmas candles.

5. gremol says:

Grandchildren bouncing off the walls in excitement; my home is like a mad house on Christmas Eve. I'm in the kitchen doing my prep-work & baking, still have Santa gifts to wrap ( which will probably be done after midnight), LOTS of activity going on, no peace & quiet around here !!!!

6. Noel says:

I bake and bake. And then I bake some more. There is nothing better than walking into a house that smells of warm, delicious treats!

7. I clean, clean, clean and then bake something that smells good! I also make sure to out out little snacks around the house, like chocolates, nuts, dried fruit.

8. pixelecho69 says:

I prepare my home for my guest with
    1.- a quart of love
    2.- a cup of Happiness
    3.- 2 spoonfuls of Kisses
    4.- a gallon of Christmas spirit.

9. Erica Best says:

i love to light candles and put out candy and fruit for my guests.

10. [...] and relaxation, good food, and great times. But, don’t forget it is Friday which means it is Freebie Friday over at HGTV. What’s up for grabs this holiday week you ask? This great pouf by brand Ferm Living from [...]

• Marianne's DIY Cork Lamp - HGTV Handmade White Craft

• A Taste of Summer: Peach Cornbread #Recipe

• Color rules for small spaces

• That's a wrap for this week's Kitchen and Bath Hour. Join