2011 is here, and it’s time to think of ways to update your decor in the New Year. One of the easiest and most budget-friendly ways to make your home feel brand new is to decorate with color. Painting walls and bringing in colorful textiles and accessories can transform any space. While honeysuckle is the Pantone Color of the Year for 2011, hues like turquoise, lime green and chartreuse are still in.

Kishani Perera

The High Point Market Fall Fashion Report summarizes the home decor trends you can expect to see. One of the biggest — the continuous use of bold hues at home, and turquoise tops the list.

SHINE Lola Sofa

Bright pieces like this teal blue Lola Sofa from SHINE are a perfect way to introduce a pop of color and can be tempered with neutral shades like gray and cream.

Kishani Perera

Blue-green hues also look gorgeous on walls, creating a warm and cozy feel perfect for bedrooms or libraries.

SHINE

To make turquoise come to life, pair it with other bold shades like yellow and orange to make a statement.

Modern History Decorated Venetian Chest

I also love bringing turquoise in through traditional pieces of furniture like this Venetian chest. The bits of bright blue take this piece from classic to contemporary.

Design Inspiration

1. Helga Miller says:

Turquoise is a color that will always be in, it's bold and beautiful very attractive to the eye's no matter if ti's on furniture like the SHINE lola sofa or paintings wall color or vases, mix and match with purple and you will have the perfect combination.

2. CplusE says:

Have you seen these chairs?

Perhaps a little more blue than turquoise, but what a spectacular color! I am not normally attracted to blue, but I could see having a pair of these in my home!

3. AphroChic says:

CplusE I love those chairs! Hadn't spotted them yet. They are such a cool electric blue color.

4. Adrienne says:

So much fresher than the steel blue colors I've seen lately!

Austin general contractor

5. [...] Images: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [...]

6. kim johnson says:

I have a new blog name! http://www.ekofabrik.blogspot.com

7. Dean says:

There's this brand I've got to know just a few months ago named Munna <a href="http:// (www.munnadesign.com)” target=”_blank”> <a href="http://(www.munnadesign.com)” target=”_blank”>(www.munnadesign.com) and they have very interesting colors! My first piece is on its way! =D

8. joeanna anthony says:

I just loved the turquoise blue color specially on the Venetian Chest. Its truly classic. I never thought Blue-green hues would look so good on the walls. I plan to paint at least my room with this color this time.

9. RACHEL says:

Yes I like the Venetian chest as well. All of the designs are fun and warm