I’m not a cold weather person, but for several weeks, the HGTV Dream Home 2011 and Stowe, Vt., have been consuming my thoughts. There’s something so dreamy and charming about this snow-covered skier’s paradise. I’ve even gone so far as to picture myself enjoying my morning coffee on the master bedroom’s private balcony while soaking up the surrounding mountain views and brisk air.

Sigh … isn’t she beautiful? Let’s head inside!

My absolute favorite space is the master bedroom suite (particularly the floor-to-ceiling, 17-foot-long draperies framing the entrance to the master bath). The vibrant cranberry walls are a perfect backdrop for the black pencil-post bed. The combination of both modern, with the artwork by Louis Eby, and rustic, like the weathered walnut and poplar doors, is what makes this space so comfortable and appealing to me.

I could definitely get used to this place. My wool slippers would be right at home in front of the right-side nightstand, and with two reading lamps peeking through the back bed panel, I can finally finish that book I’ve been reading since Thanksgiving. Plus, I think my kitten D’Artagnan would be completely content with the Dream Home 2011 replica as his new bed/hangout spot. Want to see more? Step into the master bedroom suite with a complete 360-degree tour of the space.

I’m a sucker for mountain views, and Mount Mansfield has now officially topped my list. Despite the cold winter weather, if I lived in Dream Home 2011, the lower-level terrace would be my new favorite spot all year round. Located directly below the main-level deck, the terrace boasts a state-of-the-art grilling station, dining table and an in-ground hot tub and fireplace.

The marble-top dining table comfortably seats six with an ideal view of some of Mother Nature’s finest. Just a few feet away, the outdoor grilling station provides a gas grill and plenty of counter space for summertime cookouts and entertaining. The six-person hot tub with gas fireplace is simply divine.

For a complete view, step onto the terrace with a 360-degree tour. Dying to see the other 19 spaces that make up Dream Home 2011? The home’s most beautiful photos are all in one place.

Since I work for HGTV, this Stowe, Vt. house can only occupy my day dreams. You still have 44 days left to enter the HGTV Dream Home 2011 sweepstakes for a chance to win it. And this year, we’re making your chances to win even greater. Enter twice daily – once on HGTV.com and once on FrontDoor.com.

1. Kimberleana says:

Wow some people are not grateful for having HGTV giving away a home, bashing this beautiful home that is going to be FREE to one lucky person. I would be so grateful for just having a place to call home and not having to pay someone else's mortgage. My father always said, If you do not have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all :-)

2. pixelecho69 says:

This Dream/House 11 is wonderful to look at and imagine what it would be like to be able to call it Home It is what It is A DREAM.

3. Jennifer says:

Amazing job HGTV!! What a gorgeous home inside and out! I just can't stop imagining my family and I enjoying this home in beautiful Stowe!!! What a dream!

4. Lisa Spainhour says:

What a GORGEOUS Mountain Home. Great Job!!! My husband and I love it. My kids could all come visit. My Birthday is in Feb so it would be a nice present to win such a beautiful home. Plus with my health issues and being out of work waiting forever on disability no money to fix up current home.

This would make my Best Birthday EVER! :)

5. Lynne says:

This home is absolutely beautiful – my husband retired earlier this year and I feel bad that he is a skier but feels guilty to go to Stowe since I am still working. To win this home and be in Vermont year round would be like retirement to me even though I am still working. Also my children being skiers would probably come more often since they live in Europe.

No wonder they call it "Dream Home", I can only hope that I can be so lucky to win.

6. Kayla_HGTV says:

I'm glad everyone is loving HGTV Dream Home 2011! I've fallen in love with it myself. Check out the Dream Home blog for frequent updates about the home and Stowe, Vt: http://blog.hgtv.com/dreamhome/.

7. Kayla_HGTV says:

Jen – Check out HGTVPro for some info about Dream Home and the building process: http://www.hgtvpro.com/hpro/pac_ctnt/text/0,2595,…. Here are some videos <a href="http://(http://www.hgtvpro.com/hpro/pac_ctnt/text/0,2595,HPRO_20196_99596,00.html)” target=”_blank”>(http://www.hgtvpro.com/hpro/pac_ctnt/text/0,2595,HPRO_20196_99596,00.html) that talk about the radiant flooring and insulation.

I couldn't find the exact information you were looking for re: recycling and community fees, but these sites may help: http://stowe.com/mountain/environmental_efforts/ or http://stowe.com/real_estate/experience_stowe/pag…. Hope that helps some :)

8. Catherine says:

Congrats to Eric Makstenieks and his wife Catherine for winning this years HGTV Dream Home including the 2011 GMC Acadia Denali, The house (of course), and $500,000. With the housewarming gifts and congrats to Jon Perkins for winning the housewarming gift too. All I can say is CONGRATS!!
    I am so happy for you. I entered every day but I am not disapointed to know that I didn't win cause I know it was just Eric Makstenieks dream to win the DREAM home. It was good entering and blogging. Now its time to wreel it in and congratulate the winner of the 2011 HGTV Dream Home. Hope to see everyone blogging next year, till then Goodbye!