Face it; we’ve all been there. The early morning alarm buzzes, you pad into the bathroom to take a shower and eek! you’re greeted with cold floors. What? I’m not the only one?

I suppose there’s more to radiant floor heating than the luxurious benefit of having warm-to-the-touch tile (like energy savings due to convection and increased return on investment) but to be honest, Husband and I installed it for the sheer purpose of pampering our tootsies. A small price to pay and a simple installation process that will skyrocket the average bathroom into serious spa-like territory; the other stuff is just a nice bonus.

We chose Laticrete’s radiant floor heat kit after hearing reviews of an affordable and simple installation. And honestly? The process was simple indeed (with the exception of leveling the tile, but that’s a post for another week!), thanks to this handy radiant heating floor installation tutorial. The entire installation took half-a-day and we can’t wait to test the results on our chilly toes.

Of course, we’ll be watching our electric bill to see if the new floor really does save us money (the programmable thermostat should help). When we move in, I’ll let you know how we fared! We’ll also be posting pictures of the finished bathroom down the road, so you can judge us on how well we leveled those tiles!

Until then, if you’re in the market for radiant floor heating, I’ve rounded up some great resources that will help you decide whether it’s right for you.

- Types, tips and benefits of radiant floor heating
- Energy efficiency and radiant heating
- A guide to radiant floor heating for homeowners

Enjoy!

Floor & Wall

1. pixelecho69 says:

This would be something I would spend money on just for the luxury to have my feet warm in the winter because I like to walk inside my house barefoot winter or summer I can't stand socks.

2. JudiPaintedit says:

That is so cool considering my toes are the first thing to freeze

3. [...] pretty, yes? Ken has been hard at work laying our 360Flooring tile (with radiant floor heating), grouting, finishing the sauna, prepping trim and gearing up for the big plumbing finale: toilet, [...]

4. Guardian Basement says:

Great blog post. It really helps figure out what people need to make home improvement easier. Be sure to take a look at my website http://www.guardiandry.com/ and let me know what comes to mind. Take care

5. Engineered Stone says:

Fantastic job. I have seen many finished jobs, but never had a chance to see it like this. Thanks for sharing. Engineered stone is what I blog about … you are invited to visit http://granitequartz.blogspot.com
    Thank you.

6. Tina M says:

HELP! My bedroom carpet needs to be replaced! My room is over the garage and the floors are so cold in the winter! We're thinking about installing a laminate this time so we don't have to deal with wear & tear or carpet stains. Can radiant heat be installed under laminate?

7. Timber Flooring says:

Electrical heating mats for under floor heating systems can be placed on a wood sub floor. I have seen this many times before.
    Melbourne Timber Flooring

8. We’re a bunch of volunteers and opening a brand new scheme in our community.
    Your web site offered us with useful information to work on. You’ve performed a formidable activity and our entire community will
    be grateful to you.

9. Steven Lovas says:

There is noticeably a bundle to realize about this. I believe you made certain nice points in features also.

10. Erwin says:

magnificent publish, very informative. I’m wondering why

the other experts of this sector do not notice this.

You must continue your writing. I’m sure, you have a great

readers’ base already!