Some of us want a toasty fire in our living room but have no way of installing a chimney.

igloo fireplace

Enter the Igloo Fireplace from Connecticut design emporium Mis En Scene. I’ll admit, this free-standing fireplace makes me a touch nervous, like leaving a room with a candle lit. But this clean, ethanol-burning flame is surrounded by stainless steel and tempered glass. Sleek and safe.

Would you consider using a portable fireplace your home?

Design Inspiration

1. k m kerpchar says:

My husband and I are now retiree and have been looking to move to possibly a town house or condo – after searching for some time we realize we would be getting less for our money – we built our home in 1981 and have kept it up somewhat I have been online and searching for help to have someone come in and redesign what we have here using our own pieces of furniture (possible removing or adding) I have not seen anything like this shown on TV it usually is a complete makeover or totaly renovation – I need someone to come in a REdesign what we have any ideas or places that do that sort of thing in our area thanks again looking forward to hearing frome you

2. Courtney C. says:

I would definitely consider a free-standing portable fireplace in my home. I'm sure at first it would make me a bit nervous, but that fireplace is gorgeous! It has such a modern design, yet it still seems like it would give you that cozy warm feeling on those winter nights.

3. kgroman says:

Love it. Can"t wait to get one

4. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Interior Connector, Courtney Caughey. Courtney Caughey said: I love this fireplace…Design Happens » Archive » Daily Delight: Igloo Fireplace http://t.co/XvCdFQ5 [...]

5. caryn says:

I would totally love to have one,very sleek & stylish!

6. pixelecho69 says:

It's very elegant and sophisticated and I bet It would make a great piece of conversation.

7. porter27 says:

それはとても素晴らしい見えた。ただスパであなたのような私の21歳の娘と一日をホテルで週末を過ごすのが大好きだ。それは天国のように見えた! マーケティンググッズ

8. Anonymous says:

あなたは運の強い人住んでいると私はブログを介してあなたを知って嬉しい!私は私が見たように私はその噴水を聞くことができた誓う! 宣伝のための商品

9. Anonymous says:

こんにちは、私はちょうど私があなたのブログを読んで楽しんでどれだけ言いたかった。スピンの完全な世界では、それはいくつかの事実に基づいた分析を得てうれしいです。良い仕事を続ける。

10. Anonymous says: