A few weeks ago, Ken and I decided that the first space we wanted to finish during our renovation was the master bedroom.
Actually, I take that back. I first opted for the office, a true workaholic by nature. Yet being that I recently vowed to work less and sleep more in 2011, I suppose the master bedroom plan won out in the end.
And truth be told, we’re making so much progress. In fact, I’m feeling a move-in date in our very near future. February, perhaps? Don’t quote me on that. We’ve been known to be off on our move-in dates by ohhh, seven months. Give or take.
Anyway, last week we installed carpet and welcomed our new bed! For the carpet, we installed FLOR tiles, and the process couldn’t have been easier. In fact, I have no tips or tricks to share except to follow the instructions. Really! It was that easy.
And for that big empty bed, I have our bedding all planned and ordered and can’t wait for it to arrive!
1. I’ve always wanted a grown-up comforter, and this is my first go at down alternative bedding. Both my husband and I tend to sway toward the allergenic side, so a down alternative was a must. I can’t wait to give it a go!
2. A friend recommended these sheets, stating that 420 was by far the best mix between crisp, clean sheets and soft, comfortable fabric. We ordered a set in white and I’m keeping my fingers crossed they’ll feel as luxurious as my favorite hotel bed.
3. Ken and I invested in waffle weave towels a few years ago and have never looked back. I love the texture of waffle weave and hadn’t yet seen a bedspread I loved, so this style in white is perfect!
4. For those chilly months, a fur throw is always a bit of a necessity, yes? We chose this style because the color is a touch warmer and will breathe a bit of life into the space.
5. Last, but not least, these luxurious pillows will top off the space.
We still need a bed skirt (preferably with a simple pattern) and a duvet, but I think we’re well on our way to blissful dreaming.
Any bedding recommendations below? What’s your go to source for your bedding needs? Share below; I’d love to check them out!