Remember when I shared this bathroom inspiration board? Things are finally starting to look just as I planned. As of today, our master bathroom looks like this:
She’s pretty, yes? Ken has been hard at work laying our 360Flooring tile (with radiant floor heating), grouting, finishing the sauna, prepping trim and gearing up for the big plumbing finale: toilet, sink and shower.
And while he’s been toiling away for weeks, we’ve still got quite a bit of work left. Here’s our to do list, complete inspiration board, so you can envision what I’m thinking!
1. Build an affordable, custom closet solution for Ken’s clothes. My closet will be in the adjoining master bedroom space, so this one is 100% his. Ken still can’t believe it.
2. Build/purchase a custom dresser for linens, towels and more. I like bathrooms to feel cozy and integrated with the rest of the home, so I typically use nontraditional bathroom furniture such as table lamps, rugs and credenzas. On my wish list? This Blu Dot Drift Console from The Century House will complement the cedar in our sauna perfectly.
3. Find a non-bathroom rug. Again, I’m a fan of mixing up furnishings, so I’m looking for a sheepskin rug to warm up the space underneath the dresser. I’d love to have a plush rug underfoot (in addition to a traditional shower mat in the wetter areas.) Sheepskin will introduce our bedroom scheme in this adjacent bath.
4. Plumbing, plumbing, plumbing! Of course, every bathroom needs its staple: the toilet. Excited to get this installed, plumbed and ready for take-off!
5. Install our floating sink. We’ve chosen the Purist Wading Pool floating sink from Kohler to mount to this wall because space is limited, and I’m so excited to see how it turns out. Keep your fingers crossed!
I’ll leave you with one more pictures of that gorgeous floor tile. Didn’t Ken do a great job?
Our master bathroom is coming together. In the next few weeks, I’ll share with you our newly-carpeted master bedroom (complete with our decorated bed!), offer you a sneak peek at the HUGE kitchen reveal and introduce you to a few of our favorite statement lighting pieces we can’t wait to install.
See you next Wednesday!