For the first episode of Design Star Dan Faires’ online show, DanMade, he shows how to create a high-end upholstered headboard without breaking the bank.

Headboard

All you need: plywood, a painter’s canvas and some carpet tacks.

Get the step-by-step instructions. Also, check in next Monday for another DanMade project.

1. Bethemrob29@aol.com says:

Bring back the decorating and rehab shows – no one is selling or buying High End houses unless you are incredibily wealthy and the average viewer is not!!!!

2. judi says:

Awesome headboard! Going to to have to make one for my daughters room. Dan is the "Awesome Design & Decorating Man" Love, love, love the inspiration he provided during Design Star. Thank you so very much for all you share with us Dan! As a female I sincerely appreciate your soft spoken nature. The loud, overbearing, borderline rude hosting tactics I find extremely annoying. Speaking of turn-offs that's exactly what I have been doing to the television channel since HGTV became the REAL ESTATE SALES CHANNEL.

3. Stacie says:

WE NEED MORE DAN ON HGTV, PRONTO!

4. Sarah says:

This is so awesome. I am in awe of his design style. HGTV needs more of this "hip" design aesthetic to appeal to the young "in" crowd. I agree with all these other people. Give him his own show!!!

5. Bev says:

Totally agree with above posting, along with 'Pure Design'. Who cares about 24 hour programming about a $1000 redux? This is the the 'Staging' channel! Please bring back designing both Home and Gardens!

6. Rebecca says:

Hey Dan ~ glad your finally back ! Loved your headboard idea, I will
    be trying this for our guest room.
    You are good at keeping projects in the area of the basic home do'er.
    Looking for ward to More DanMade !!!

7. densal says:

I also agree with the majority and am only taking the time to say so because I hope someone at HGTV is reading this. My friends and I can't afford to sell our homes now or in near future, so we are trying to make what we have work for us. We need ideas and only seem to get that on DIY network. Come on HGTV. Seriously, the average person doesn't have $65,000 to remodel a kitchen or bathroom or basement. I vote for more ideas to fit the times we currently live in and less home selling shows when every news reports shows houses aren't moving.

8. guest says:

Give Dan a show on HGTV. He is a natural with great ideas and teaches you how to do what he does…a rare find. You're missing the boat if you don't grab him up…..someone will. I guarantee your ratings would go up. Listen to your viewers. They know and are expressing what they'd like to see more of. I agree 100% go back to design and how to's for your audience.

9. Brenda says:

I have to agree with the majority here. The decorating shows are what I loved about HGTV. I miss watching them. A few House Hunters are okay, but it seems as if that is all that is on now. Candice, Vern, Genevieve, David, and the rest made watching HGTV fun. I also like John Giddings show Curb Appeal, the Block and Mike Holmes shows. Schedule something other than shows about purchasing real estate!

10. ROBERTA COX says:

I think the fans have spoken! Hope HGTV is listening! If nothing else, they could replay some of the GOOD shows they have during the day. I was sick a couple of days and discovered all the decorating, etc. shows are on during daytime. We get stuck with hours and hours of House Hunters! And for variety? International House hunters! Blah! Boring! It is suppose to be HOME and GARDEN….not REAL ESTATE INC. Get back to the subject, editors!