Nothing says “I Love You” for Valentine’s Day like surprising your sweetie. Take a page from Casanova’s book and decorate your bedroom, bathroom and a romantic dinner table for two with rose petals. We’ve got an order of 6,000 fresh rose petals from farm-direct florist, FiftyFlowers.com to make all of your Valentine’s Day dreams come true.

Fresh Rose Petals

One winner will receive an order of 6,000 Fresh Rose Petals in mixed colors, so answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Jan. 31 to be entered into the drawing. We’ll ship it out ASAP, so you can create a romantic chamber worthy of the world’s greatest lover himself. The petals will stay fresh for up to 6 weeks when refrigerated.

This week’s question: Are you a DIY, handmade cupid or are your Valentine’s Days always store-bought perfection?

Click for official rules.

Special thanks to Brittany Hodgins Photography for capturing these images.

Freebies, Holidays

1. Lori Eickhoff says:

As much as I would like to sound like the super crafty, time blessed friends listed above I actually buy store bought perfection for my husband on valentines day and write sweet nothings in a funny card that sings music…all in all I could use the rose petal help…that is why I love you HGTV you don't judge me,nay,you inspire me!

2. pixelecho69 says:

I am and always will be a DIY handmade cupid it does not mater what holiday I like to do things my self its just a little bit more personal I think?

3. Amber says:

I am always DIY when it comes to a card and dinner for my sweetie. We would rather cook a fancy meal at home then fight the crowded restaurants. I also think homemade Valentine's cards are just so cute and traditional.

4. Rachel says:

DIY!!! Nothing says it better. I still make valentines day cards for my friends and family and mail them out.

5. hhung1 says:

Lol! I had to google DIY because I had NO IDEA WHAT THE HECK IT WAS!

I'm naturally a very strong giver to people that I love, whether that be time, money, loyalty, or affection. But Valentines Day is my day to enjoy and lavish in the life commonly knowns as "Trophy Wife". Thus, I expect to be pampered, put on a pedestal and practically worshiped the entire day. So, I'll answer for my significant other: both. A lot of — Do It Yourself Handmade Cupid Love (if you know what I mean) AND a lot of store bought perfection. That's what Valentines Day is all about.

6. Nadine says:

I always make my own. I don't get around to sending out x-mas cards, so I make up for it with homemade valentine's. My husband also makes me a valentine. My favorite gift from him is a 4 foot tall heart valentine's day card he cut out of a giant cardboard box. I have kept it for ten years. Last year , he carved vegetables into hearts and made a special "salad" for me.

7. Tienne says:

DIY celebrations are special and unique. I like to cook my husband's favorite meal and think of a creative way to be together . . . . hmmm, I think rose petals would do the trick very nicely!

8. Kristi says:

I like to make my own Valentine's Day cards each year. It's a fun challenge to look around and see what craft supplies I have on hand and use them for the cards. I also like to use pretty pictures from magazines and junk mail, or natural materials like dried flowers, sometimes even bits of fabric or lace or pretty buttons.

9. Johnny B. says:

I always like the personal touch so I try to DIY as much as possible.

10. Amy says:

Nothing says it better than when you DIY. It's nice to go out and spend a fortune. But as long as I'm spending time with my hunny, I'm happy!