Nothing says “I Love You” for Valentine’s Day like surprising your sweetie. Take a page from Casanova’s book and decorate your bedroom, bathroom and a romantic dinner table for two with rose petals. We’ve got an order of 6,000 fresh rose petals from farm-direct florist, FiftyFlowers.com to make all of your Valentine’s Day dreams come true.

Fresh Rose Petals

One winner will receive an order of 6,000 Fresh Rose Petals in mixed colors, so answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Jan. 31 to be entered into the drawing. We’ll ship it out ASAP, so you can create a romantic chamber worthy of the world’s greatest lover himself. The petals will stay fresh for up to 6 weeks when refrigerated.

This week’s question: Are you a DIY, handmade cupid or are your Valentine’s Days always store-bought perfection?

Click for official rules.

Special thanks to Brittany Hodgins Photography for capturing these images.

Freebies, Holidays

1. Coffeegrl says:

I am 1/2 DIY and 1/2 Store Buyer. Love to give people homemade goodies but Sweethearts (in the box) are a must and who can resist a delicious cherry Jelly Heart???? Happy Heart Day everyone…. : – )

2. Beth says:

Always handmade! It started many years ago when my Dad always hand wrote a card or note with candy for his four daughters. Our valentine tradition is a valentine treasure hunt with a small gift at the end.

3. Miracle says:

Honestly speaking I am a last minute type of person when it gets right down to it (handmade & bought). My husband has a very busy schedule. I find it very difficult to plan anything during February. I like to get ideas from others and if it's not too late then I will try it. We bought a new whirlpool spa two years ago and I can definitely see those rose petals inside it this year! Something different and special would help. My step-daughter's wedding anniverary is on the 14th and I would like to plan something special for them

4. kristen says:

DIY all year long!! i Love Valentine's dAY!!!!

5. kathryn says:

DIY all the way!! So much more special!

6. collateraldp says:

DIY all the way!!

7. Reneah says:

I've always been a DIY… my Mom was a great teacher, I learned the value of giving Heart Gifts(she called them) and my kids learned from me… It don't matter what holiday it is, a Gift from the Heart is always something speical, Hand Made with Love.. Oh I do the store thing too.. A rose or another gift, but nothing could be better then a Valentine card full of love and made from the heart. A cake in the shape of a heart with pink coconut on top, and the card I made setting right there beside it.. all those feelings, all the memories that went into making both.. Now that's a Heart Gift… One that Touch's Your Heart and Theirs.. __Yep im DIY all the Way!

8. candodeb says:

I am definitely a DIY'er! It extends to all areas of my life. I buy something simple and then use my creativity to step it up a notch. For example a simple store bought coffee mug becomes a wonderful gift when it is stuffed with homemade bisccotti's, a chocolate dipped spoon and a couple of dove heart shaped chocolates all wrapped together in cello wrap and finished with a wire ribbon bow. Yoila! Happy Valentines Day!

9. Kathryn McCullough says:

Today's post to my blog shares how all of us, HGTV included, should be sharing freebies with places that really need it—like Haiti. It's called "Haiti needs to be HGTV'ed." Please read. http://www.reinventingtheeventhorizon.wordpress.c
    blogging from Haiti,
    Kathryn McCullough

10. Denae says:

I am a DIY and a store bought kind of girl. I have made artwork and cards etc, but I also like to throw in something useful, like new shirts or shoes or something cool. We live on a farm so we don't always have time to make something for each other.!