This week, Dan Faires builds a rugged coffee table with a touch of industrial chic.

Coffee Table

For this simple DIY project, all you’ll need is reclaimed wood, casters and L-brackets.

Get the step-by-step instructions, and check back next Monday for another DanMade project.

1. Pat schroeder says:

I was so upset when Dan was chosen to leave Design Star so early. Vern called him a contractor, not a designer!! I thought at the time taht was so rude and untrue. I can see by reading this blog how popular and talented other people think Dan is. He needs his own show!!

2. [...] how to build a rugged coffee table from reclaimed wood with step-by-step directions from the HGTV [...]

3. @ChicModern says:

I can say that I'm seriously loving Dan!

4. Theresa Smith says:

Yes, I agree with Pat above. Vern obviously under estimated what Dan is capable of the on the show. Already just from these two videos we've seen more true artistic design than we did on all of Design Star season 5 because Dan got kicked off too early. I really hope HGTV sees something in him and gives him his own show because he's so inspiring to watch and easy on the eyes too! ;0)

• Nat says:

I disagree, Dan should have gone home when he did, he never showed this side of him on the show. The first challenge his room was uninspired. The second challeg, he was just a handyman, he didn't design anything. The third challnge, he built what others designed and the fourth challenge he made "clusters." He was taken advantage of on the show by other competitors, which gave him no room for his individual voice and whenever he had an individual challenge, it was a flop.

5. jayeck says:

Does anyone know how the wheels were finished? They look silver in the install but brown/rusted in the final shot? Ideas?

6. Community Management says:

This book self is looks very beautiful and dashing. The best thing of its is, you can move it very easily from one place to other, and its colour is very beautiful and amazing.
    Community Management

7. Mike says:

I made this table. It came out beautifully. I stained it and polyurethaned for protection. The reclaimed wood was a little pricey but it really makes all the difference in aesthetics. Thanks Dan.

• Karli_HGTV says:

Nice, Mike! We're happy to see Dan inspired and instructed you toward a gorgeous end product!

8. […] Danmade: reclaimed wood coffee table | hgtv design blog […]