This week, Dan Faires builds a rugged coffee table with a touch of industrial chic.

Coffee Table

For this simple DIY project, all you’ll need is reclaimed wood, casters and L-brackets.

Get the step-by-step instructions, and check back next Monday for another DanMade project.

1. Diane says:

What did he do to the casters to make them look old??

2. Jill says:

Dan's the man. So glad to see he's working for HGTV. This is a nice project, a utilitarian object with a creative spin. NICE :)

3. Virgiinia says:

Beautiful project and sooooo easy. Loved it!

4. Cheryl says:

I am a woman builder who has been building furniture out of salved items and salvaged wood for the past 13 years. I love to see shows where they make stuff, enough with the real estate shows. Check out my website <a href="http://www.thepolishedhammer.com” target=”_blank”>www.thepolishedhammer.com.

5. yippie mom says:

Love the "green" aspect of this table. Yea for recycling and great design!!!
    <a href="http://www.yippiefamily.com” target=”_blank”>www.yippiefamily.com

6. Mary M says:

I love this table. It is so easy to put together. Now I hope I can find the wood. Thanks for this project. Keep them coming.

7. trudy's granna says:

Love, love, love this! Many uses for a table is what I love…..can't wait to see the next idea. I love your simplistic approach of ideas and the way you explain how to do it. This is what HGTV began with. I hope they are returning to this concept…it's what us as viewers want to see. You need your own show! Thanks for continuing to inspire us.

8. Kappagirl says:

Amazing coffee table!!! I want one too. Maybe someone I know will build me one. Love Dan's videos…we want more, more, more!

9. danfan1 says:

This guy is amazingly talented and not bad to look at either….no arrogance is refreshing! Give him his own show already!xD

10. Betsy says:

It's a great-looking table. However, you might want to tell people to be sure to mix it as you have with a few light-colored and refined modern items. The setting is so important. It looks great with that white fur rug beneath that provides an intermission between the dark table and dark floor. I'm sure you know what I mean. Some people can get carried away, and a whole room-full of heavy dark furniture like this would be oppressive. Please use your website to teach your viewers a bit by making a point about the fundamentals of good design, simplicity, and restraint.