For me, watching sports is like seeing ducks in a pond quack at one another. Why are fans always screaming, flapping 4-foot foam hands and sporting high-energy face paint? It makes me wanna give everyone a permanent time out. (And while I can barely remember who’s playing, I do know that Genevieve Morton and the Black Eyed Peas left me off their Super Bowl Bash guest list.)

So as Super Bowl Sunday approaches, I’ve become obsessed with trying to conceptualize a football-centric space that doesn’t suck. What could be manly enough for a rugged fullback yet possess enough panache for a polished, proper prince? Hell if I know, but if they are going to co-exist, here are the items certain to help.

Superbowl Decor Restoration Hardware Leather Sofa Man Cave

The Kensington sofa from Restoration Hardware. It’s got the aged leather look any dude will dig and diamond tufting befitting of the most dashing of Dukes.

Superbowl Mancave Masculine Wallppaper

David Hicks by Ashley Hicks LaFiorentina fabric epitomizes geometric masculinity. The 100% linen fabric is at a medium to high price point and can dress up even the most downtrodden man-chair or recliner.

Superbowl Mancave Buck Silhouette

Buckhead printed silk matka from Staceage puts a playful spin on an otherwise traditionally dude-centric silhouette. Also available in yellow, hot pink, black, green and natural/white, this buck happily blends grownup with college-freshman-chic.

Rodney White Superbowl Mancave Art

Rodney White showed up on the art scene about six years ago and has since become a classic. Mixing inspirational messages with graphic type font, then finishing it all off with coarse, rustic textures, Mr. White offers the best art out there for the modern man. By the way, the animated intro on his website is genius—avoid hitting the “skip intro” button and watch it.

Superbowl Man Cave Graham & Brown Wallpaper

Wallpaper can work wonders in a guy’s space. Henry wallpaper in black from Graham & Brown is an amazingly affordable wallpaper packing pinstripes with the most perfect masculine hues.

Superbowl Man Cave Masculine Pendants

To light up any gentleman’s life, give him Nelson pendants. They’re super-durable, classic/modern in shape and they pump some diffused ambiance once turned on.

Minimalist Masculine Coffee Table Superbowl

The Minimalista coffee table from Blu Dot is a budget-friendly contemporary option for any football lovin’ fella’s sofa. Under $750, it’s also available in dark stone and natural walnut finishes.

Now that you’ve seen these options, make it mandatory that you upgrade your man’s decor the day after Super Bowl Sunday. We’ll call it Manspace Makeover Monday. Touchdown!

Design Inspiration

1. rosieGirl2 says:

Wow, I really love these ideas and they would be great for my planned "man cave." The fabrics, the wall coverings (wallpaper) and the sofa style really give me ideas. As for this Super Bowl I will keep things within a budget and simply go for the hope my man is home to watch with me.

2. pixelecho69 says:

those white hanging lamps are gorgeous I also like the leather sofa I could see us watching the game in a room with all this inspiration.

3. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Suzette Greer and Fairly Simpleton, Chane Realty. Chane Realty said: Super Bowl Spectacular Manspace: For me, watching sports is like seeing ducks in a pond quack at one another. Wh… http://bit.ly/hrN0MK [...]

4. Great ideas for the "Super Bowl" Man Space. Truth is my guy would watch the super bowl just about anywhere. All your fab furnishings, etc. would be a total waste on him

5. @nikimcneill says:

You can't go wrong with a chesterfield sofa!! And pairing them with the Nelson pendants is a cool mix of periods. I'm with Erika tho, the real superbowl fans won't be thinking about what's beneath their bums! haha

• Anna@HGTV says:

I hold out hope that manspace designs like these can reach them on a subliminal level. If anyone's hubby starts dreaming of chesterfield sofas and giant flat screen HD tvs, be sure to report back! ;-)

6. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Territory RE, HGTV. HGTV said: On the blog: Super Man-tastic Manspace via @decordemon http://ow.ly/3O471 [...]

7. Guardian Basement says:

Guardian Basement Waterproofing is a leader in the waterproofing industry, installing state of the art basement waterproofing systems that completely and permanently stop foundation water leaks.We specialize in basement waterproofing, basement finishing, crawl space repair and foundation repair. We have more than 25 years of experience serving in the basement waterproofing & finishing industry, serving Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania and the Washington, D.C area. Check us out and let us know what you think. guardiandry.com

8. Susanna says:

Love Rodney White the artist – really cool stuff. FYI, the link you gave was for a different Rodney White – a photographer. Here's the correct one for the artist: http://rodney-white.com/

9. mdc106 says:

I would like to hear from anyone who has bought this couch or even seen it in a Restoration Hardware store. We are building a new home and have been looking at it in the catalog. The nearest store is about 5 hours from our town, so we were thinking about a road trip to see it in the store. I do not want to order a sofa this pricey without actually seeing it.

10. pastoraldreams says:

To mdc106:

I love the look of this couch, but it was not comfortable at all. We sat on it in a Restoration Hardware store and while it looked great, I would definitely not buy a couch that wasn't extremely comfortable. Definitely go to the store and sit on it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a company with rustic, comfortable, high quality leather sofas and chairs?