• Tell Your Friends

This specific item dates back to the 1880s, but ones like it are still used today in the most refined homes and establishments. What is it?

what the...?

Looking forward to your guesses, and check back tomorrow for the answer.


Design Inspiration

20 Responses

  1. pixelecho69 says:

    Is it a bottle cork remover ?

  2. Julie Conway says:

    wine bottle opener

  3. Anna@HGTV says:

    Here's another hint: gourmet chefs should know what this is.

  4. Pixie Wiseman says:

    Might this hold the end of say a chicken/turkey drumstick so carving the meat would be easier? Like a fancy set of fingers to 'hold' something…

  5. jason says:

    Wine bottle topper

  6. [...] the instant identification of the escargot tongs last year, I thought this week’s “What the…?” would be a cinch. Pixie W., you came the closest. Might darn [...]

  7. dena says:

    A garden tool to plant flowers or bulbs or seeds for digging in soil.

  8. kohlsgirl1 says:


  9. dokey347 says:

    Yes it does look like a cork screw to me too!

Latest Pins on Pinterest

  • DIY Mother's Day gifts that Mom will love >>

  • Enter for a chance to win free modern tiles for your