• Tell Your Friends

This specific item dates back to the 1880s, but ones like it are still used today in the most refined homes and establishments. What is it?

what the...?

Looking forward to your guesses, and check back tomorrow for the answer.


Design Inspiration

20 Responses

  1. c.Crawford says:

    Candle cutter.

  2. Pixie Wiseman says:


  3. sharon says:

    hmmmm, looks like it could cork a bottle of wine or champagne

  4. Ming says:

    It's an apple corer used to remove the core from apples.

  5. frances says:

    it trims the end off a cigar?

  6. Abbe says:


  7. Lindy says:

    wine opener!!! For sure.

  8. Karen Coomes says:

    Candle Snuffer?

  9. alison says:

    olive pit extractor !

  10. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Fairly Simpleton, Suzette Greer. Suzette Greer said: Home & Garden Tips: What the…?: This specific item dates back to the 1880s, but ones like it… http://bit.ly/e2qtj3 theBalancedHome.com [...]

See What We’re Pinning

  • Step-by-step instructions for making these Southern-style

  • How To Make Jam Party Favors >>

  • We mustache you a question! Can you make these fun mustache

  • Put fruit in your ice cubes for colorful, flavor-infused