Some folks give Valentine’s Day a bad rap. Negative Nancys spout off that it’s just an excuse for blah, blah, blah. Well, that’s no fun! Valentine’s Day is a perfect day to show someone in your life how much they mean to you. A parent, best friend or mentor. (Or the people in our daily lives we take for granted — your neighbor, grocery store checkout clerk, bus driver or postal carrier.)

Valentine's Day gift ideas

Make a special someone smile with a $100 gift code from ProFlowers.com. They’ve got an amazing selection of Valentine’s Day flowers and gifts. Perfect, whether you’re saying “love you forever” or “thank you for being you.”

Answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Jan. 31 to be entered to win one of five $100 gift codes from ProFlowers.com.

This week’s question: What was the best Valentine’s Day you ever had? Don’t spare any details! (But keep it PG.)

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Holidays

1. Ming says:

Best Valentine's Day(s) I ever had were when my children were little and they made handmade Valentines for me. Especially loved the ones signed with "Love, Firstname Lastname" . Like I wouldn't have known who it was from by just their first names! LOL…

2. tallanted says:

My best Valentine's Day was a couple of years ago when my now husband proposed. He got one of those obnoxiously huge teddy bears and flowers, got on one knee and popped the question. I know it's kinda cheesy, but I'll always remember it. Especially since I still have the teddy bear.

3. RosaleeZammuto says:

My best Valentine's Day was the first one I spent with my current boyfriend of eight years. It was special because I really liked him for a long time. He's much older than me. He felt the age difference would be a problem. We now live together and are happy.

The the first Valentines day meant so much to me because I was extremely happy to be with him. The gifts and dinner didn't mean as much, of course.

4. Noel says:

My best V-day was the year I moved to New York City. My boyfriend and I did the romantic (albeit cheesy) horse-drawn carriage ride through Central Park. It was dark and had just snowed and was insanely quiet. We curled up under the blanket and listened to the horse's hooves make their way through the snow.

5. Emily says:

The best Valentine's day that I have ever had was the first one after my daughter was born. I don't think of V-Day as just for my husband and I but I like to celebrate it with my daughter too. I am so lucky to have 2 valentine's:)

6. pixelecho69 says:

When my son was about 6 years old he had done a clay heart in school he painted the heart and also he put some glitter so he came home all excited and happy because he had a gift for me but when he reached in his backpack the heart had broken in two he was so sad he started to cry of course I had to think fast so I explain to him that it was maid to be because now he had half of my heart and I had the other half and the only time my heart was whole was when we were together so he gave me the best smile he had and a big hug and that was my best Valentines ever.

7. Melissa says:

When I was a teenager one Valentines Day I had big plans that even involved going on a date. It was huge! I had never had a boyfriend or been on a date before and I was very excited. The only other plans I had ever had for Valentines Day was swapping candy with fellow classmates in elementary school. I was so excited I planned everything out from what outfit I would wear to how I would style my hair. I knew what time he would pick me up, what restaurant he was taking me to and most importantly of all had permission to go!

When February fourteenth finally rolled around I woke up with a fever. I was optimistic at first but had to cancel plans that afternoon when my fever continued to rise even higher. I was so heartbroken! It was a devastating moment for me as a teenage girl. Later in the day as I was wrapped up in blankets and was feeling so disappointed my doorbell rang. A small group of my friends heard I was sick and stopped by to give me red roses and let me know I would be missed. I couldn't have been happier! It was a very thoughtful way for them to let me know they cared. It might not have been the day I had planned for but a simple act of kindness made it memorable in such a way it has come to be my favorite Valentines Day.

8. Heidi K says:

The best Valentine's Day was back when I was in elementary school and my dad had a giant inflatable balloon heart character sent to my classroom. I later found out that he sent the same balloon character to my sister's classroom and a dozen red roses to my mom (a teacher). My sister and I kept those balloons for at least a month, walking them around the house with us everywhere we went. My dad is the best!

9. Shannon says:

I think the best Valentines Days were when I was a child. Filling out all the little cards for your friends, wondering how many you were gonna get back. And of course, making some doily infested card for your parents which was probably hideous but put a smile on their face!

10. Gail Oliver says:

My best valentines day was the one when I got my 1st gift from my 1st grandchild