Some folks give Valentine’s Day a bad rap. Negative Nancys spout off that it’s just an excuse for blah, blah, blah. Well, that’s no fun! Valentine’s Day is a perfect day to show someone in your life how much they mean to you. A parent, best friend or mentor. (Or the people in our daily lives we take for granted — your neighbor, grocery store checkout clerk, bus driver or postal carrier.)

Valentine's Day gift ideas

Make a special someone smile with a $100 gift code from ProFlowers.com. They’ve got an amazing selection of Valentine’s Day flowers and gifts. Perfect, whether you’re saying “love you forever” or “thank you for being you.”

Answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Jan. 31 to be entered to win one of five $100 gift codes from ProFlowers.com.

This week’s question: What was the best Valentine’s Day you ever had? Don’t spare any details! (But keep it PG.)

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Holidays

1. @aimeeroo says:

I will say that it was 10 years ago when my now hubby proposed to me. It was actually a week before our wedding, but I didn't have my ring yet and we hadn't had the actual proposal. He made it so funny, by giving me a hideous, way to big, ring and saying it was all he could find. He also said, well, since we have an apartment, a marriage appointment, and all of that, do you think we should go ahead and get married? It was super funny, sweet, and a great memory.

2. pippin101 says:

My Hubby & I wanted to do something that we stood for our love for our earth & our children.We bought each other Tattoo Gift Cards & set up the appointments,well my Hubby got our children's names in Elvish on his arm and I got Japanaze writing for our LOVE for earth,it's the Earth Elements.We will always remember when and why we got these,even when we are old…….

3. Lisa says:

Best Valentine's Day ever? The year that I rescued my Sweet Meg at a homeless dog adoption event. My heart never felt better! Every day is like Valentine's Day all over again when this sweet dog greets me at the door with a wagging tail at the end of a long day at work!

4. Sara D. says:

My best Valentine's Day was when my now fiance took me to see John Mayer in concert. He accidentally bought tickets for KY (kentucky) instead of KS (kansas; much closer to where we lived then), so we took an impromptu road trip to kentucky to see the concert and had the absolute best time.

5. deafsinger says:

My Late godfather bought me a box of candy in a big heart box wrapped in satin & rows of ruffles , in pinks & reds with some white lace, with a plastic rose on the top . All was shrink wrapped in cellophane . It was so beautiful to me as a young child I thought it looked like something that should be in a castle for Cinderella. I felt so special when he gave me that gift. !

6. spen082 says:

This valentines was the best. I kidnapped my anti-valentines boyfriend and took him to Las Vegas. You can't not have a good time in Las Vegas! He enjoyed the city and I enjoyed our first real vacation alone together on my favorite holiday. <3