Some folks give Valentine’s Day a bad rap. Negative Nancys spout off that it’s just an excuse for blah, blah, blah. Well, that’s no fun! Valentine’s Day is a perfect day to show someone in your life how much they mean to you. A parent, best friend or mentor. (Or the people in our daily lives we take for granted — your neighbor, grocery store checkout clerk, bus driver or postal carrier.)

Valentine's Day gift ideas

Make a special someone smile with a $100 gift code from ProFlowers.com. They’ve got an amazing selection of Valentine’s Day flowers and gifts. Perfect, whether you’re saying “love you forever” or “thank you for being you.”

Answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, Jan. 31 to be entered to win one of five $100 gift codes from ProFlowers.com.

This week’s question: What was the best Valentine’s Day you ever had? Don’t spare any details! (But keep it PG.)

Click for official rules.

Freebies, Holidays

1. mmoutes says:

No question, February 14, 2006 was my absolutely BEST Valentine's Day celebration and it was a complete surprise. My son, who was not due for another week, was born on that date. We had been trying to have a baby for quite some while and, in fact, had two adoptions fall through for babies born on Valentine's Day two years previously. Valentine's Day will never again be my own, but it will always be shared and spectacular.

2. the editor says:

Trying to think of my favorite Valentine's day is pretty discouraging, as I am married to a man I love dearly and who loves me just as dearly but who has little to no romantic imagination! Being the class brain throughout grade school meant I wasn't the most popular kid in class, so I got my requisite share of those little penny valentines we gave and received in school, but nothing special. When I think way back, those childhood years of gentile poverty in our parsonage home bring the best Valentine's Days to mind. We had so very little money to work with, so each year we recycled a red satin, heart-shaped box that had come from I-know-not-where. Dad would scrounge up enough to buy chocolate candies to fill it, and we would present it to our mom, who acted as if she'd never seen it before. I think we also made valentines of red construction paper and doilies, etc., but the candies were truly the extravagance for the day. Perhaps that's why I love chocolate so!

3. crystal says:

The best valentines day was when i was a child. my mom always surprised us in the morning. i had a chocolate rose on my bed when i got up, more to come!

4. Ron Miller says:

the most memorable was in 5th grade when I received a card from my crush… of course everyone else in the class got one too, but that didn't matter to me then!

5. Debra Murphy says:

Undoubtedly the best Valentine I had was when thoughtfulness, effort, love, time and effort were put with heart into showing me what I meant to my boyfriend. He planned the whole thing without my knowledge: a gourmet meal prepared by him, notes left with clues around the house describing times we had together and led to another note, champagne, roses and the rest of the night spent in front of the fire just talking and sharing our feelings. We didn't have a lot of money, but this was so rich in heartfelt love and that is all that mattered!

6. noraodea says:

Lovely flowers!

7. GiGi C. says:

The baet Valentines day I ever had was the first one I spent with my now husband. We rented a condo on the water in Montauk with another couple for the weekend. A terrible snow storm hit and the other couple left for home. We chose to stay and we were snowed in for a long private weekend. The resort gave us a discounted rate to stay because of the weather. It was so beutiful and we enjoyed each other company.10 years later we still remember it as the best weekend of our lives together.

8. Aimee says:

Best Valentine's Day was when I was given a beautiful pair of earrings, with delicious chocolates!

9. Tod says:

:) I think your shared memories were the funniest and may be the most pure thing I ever read these days!
    So nice. :( I can say that I haven't had great St. Valentine's day – cause of so many reasons :( ( one of them – bad love moments )

Hope this one will be the best ever!

Best Regards,
    Tod
    home builders florida

10. SivaPrasad says:

Ashwattha Interiors service has been in business of interior projects and contractors for last 15 years with many projects to its credit .The company undertakes major works .We are associated with leading architects and designers. Our staff consists of experienced technical skilled workers equipped with latest and modern tools and machinery.

It started from the partners O. Siva Prasad and T. Ravi Kumar "ASHWATTHA INTERIORS SERVICE" has been in business of furniture (sales and suppliers), interior contractors for the last 10 years with many projects to their credit.

Our strength for turnkey projects lies in the labor and the administrative force that we have acquired over a period of time that delivers the best of workmanship and time schedule. We have a total labor team of carpenters, polish men, painters and false ceiling teams all brought from UP & Rajasthan and stationed in Hyderabad.

Our administrative team has a team backed by the site Engineers, supervisors. All the site supervisors/engineers are well conversant with the systems adopted and devised by us for a systematic approach to the project with various milestones at different levels of work. This gives us a total control on the project.

" We design a theme home with crafted acsthetics
    and carefully planned concepts based on value and historical groundings "

regards <a href="http://www.ashwatthainteriors.com” target=”_blank”>www.ashwatthainteriors.com