This week, Dan Faires upcycles old books by turning them into a one-of-kind lamp.

Table Lamp

Get the step-by-step instructions, and check back next Monday for another DanMade project.

1. bryn says:

Why do I always get "requested video cannot be found", when trying to watch the Dan Made episodes? (Also with Design Happens)

2. Mary Ellen says:

I like the idea a lot! Easy instructions to follow. I will tweak it a little for my taste but then that's the beauty of customizing for your personal space. Actually I'm going to make this and place it in our business. ;)

3. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Fairly Simpleton, Suzette Greer. Suzette Greer said: Home & Garden Tips: DanMade: Stacked-Books Table Lamp: This week, Dan Faires upcycles old bo… http://bit.ly/hVh9HY theBalancedHome.com [...]

4. guest says:

Would look so much better with a decent shade or that one covered.

5. Mary Lloyd says:

For the people who are sensitive to hoarding books to read, donate and send to our troups all over the world, bravo. However, for the people that love books in other ways, want to keep them for their libraries or for re-purposing, bravo. To each their own. If you aren't interested in decorating with them, don't. There are plenty to go around. Everyone loves books in different ways, just like people love people in different ways. Let love grow, no matter what. We are individuals :)

6. Leslie Silvey says:

Awesome. This is so easy and a great way to use old books to decorate with!

Dan is such a cutie, full of creative ideas. I can't get enough!

7. Pixie Wiseman says:

Love,love,love this idea! And the video is really well done! Bravo Dan.

8. d stein says:

this is great, and Dan makes it seem so easy. this guy is way talented.

9. pixelecho69 says:

Dan you make it look so easy if only you can come over and help me?
    LOL !