Really, we are. HGTV is sponsoring the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival March 2 through May 15. Anyone going around that time? Come see us. We’ll be at Epcot in person every Friday through Sunday*. Of particular interest to Design Happens friends, Brian Patrick Flynn will be there March 25-27 demonstrating how to build a mobile garden. Swing by and offer to treat him to a Dole Whip! Over the course of the event we’ll also have Vern Yip, Genevieve Gorder, Patti Moreno, John Gidding and more.

Any reporting you’d like to see from the Festival? Want to know how they make those topiaries?
Dragon Topiary at the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival

We can show you how to make a simple topiary, but we’ll leave the dragons to the Imagineers.

*Correction: I originally wrote Thursday-Monday. Those are the talent travel dates. They’ll be appearing Friday-Sunday.

March 4-6

to Bringing Indoor Styling Outside

May 13-15
Vern Yip, HGTV Design Star
Top Design Trends Made Affordable and Accessible

Design Inspiration

1. Susan Ray says:

Yay! I Love HGTV and I will be at Disney from March 9 – 14th so I am going to see Lisa Laporta!!
    I am excited!!

• Larry Chip says:

One Creepy Plant they show on the tour of the land In Disney world was the TIckleMe Plant. It is a real house plant that MOVE when Tickle it! The leaves instantly fold up and the branches droop when tickled!
      Just google Pet TickleMe Plant This is real and now easy to grow indoors year-round

2. Jackie Sherwood says:

Just wish someone would do an occasional show for seniors who can no longer bend to the ground but still want yard flowers–not all in container. Couldn't any of these terrific folk have a display of ideas for this? We are an aging population. From an HGTV Addict : )

3. adoranora says:

omg, i will go there to see my favorite designer, lisa laporta in march!

4. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Grand Homes, Chane Realty and Fairly Simpleton, Suzette Greer. Suzette Greer said: Home & Garden Tips: We’re Going to Disney World!: Really, we are. HGTV is sponsoring the Epc… http://bit.ly/fMb1pl theBalancedHome.com [...]

5. It's about time HGTV sponsored an event like the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival! What a perfect venue for HGTV to present it's H &G personalities!

If you have not attended the Festival, it is a MUST see for any gardening enthusiast. I spoke at the festival, twice and can say it was one of the highlights of my career!

The themed gardens are amazing and what I like the most is the "inside look" into the making of their floating gardens, topiaries and more.

Great news!

Shirley Bovshow
    Garden World Report Show

6. Lisa says:

Wish I could go to Epcot to see Vern !! I love him !! Watched him since his days on Trading Spaces!! He is the best!!

7. J MC says:

I HAVE WANTED TO SEE THE FLOWER AND GARDEN SHOW FOR SO LONG. WE WILL BE THERE MARCH 22 AND 23. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT. I LIKE MY GARDEN TO LOOK LIKE NATURE

8. Shirls says:

My sentiments exactly, my first love is horticulture and I have been toying with the idea of a portable stand/ table on wheels where the Seniors (including me) can wheel around and have their hands in the soil and really enjoy gardening again!! It is wonderful for stress relief and so rewarding!!
    Lets create a hook- on kind of tray, like a meal tray where easy reach potting soil, shovel & pot can be placed in a central compartment area (no sliding around…..)
    See you at EPCOT, never miss it!! This year we have the fairies from Pixie Hollow……..yes!! ;)

9. Carol says:

Yippee! I'll be at Epcot and will get to see Vern!!

10. Christina Aimes says:

Sooo excited about coming to see this event but espeically for Frank Fontana!!!!