I’m a little bit obsessed with Jonathan Adler’s line of sofas, especially this orange Templeton one. But I’ve wondered if such a bright-hued sofa could come off as anything other than novelty. Then I saw this:

orange sofa

Photo: New England Home

I was pleasantly surprised to see such playful colors used in such a sophisticated room. The couch, as well as the accessories, are sunny and bright but balanced by the light-filled room and bright-white walls. I’m in love.

Design Inspiration

1. caryn says:

Yes, bright colors do put people in a cheery mood. I really love the sofa, being that orange is my favorite color !B)

2. CplusE says:

That room just makes me happy! Nothing like bright colors to put you in a good mood — even on a cloudy day that sunroom will be cheerful!

3. mrsajw says:

Oh my goodness I'm in love also! Beautiful and classic yet fun and colorful. The right color orange combined with feminine pink pillows and masculine animal print pillows. Something I could use in my huge cathedral ceiling, wood panel framed walls and slate floor grand room. It has such a hardness in that room. It's difficult to find something soft for room that my husband can live with that doesn't look frilly or too feminine. This would so soften my very formal grand room and go really well with the black grand piano that I have to decorate around. I never would have thought of orange but this is why I'm such a fan of this sofa and HGTV! It fits the bill in so many ways! Love….love…love it!!

• Lili@HGTV says:

So glad the picture was so inspirational! And you're so right about it being classic and fun – a rare quality indeed.

4. Carole says:

I'm loving the orange sofa. What a fabulous punch of color.That piece of furniture would look great in a "women cave" Enough already with the "man caves". We women would like it if the same about of attention from DIY was paid to the female gender. They must think that the kitchen is suppose to be our "women cave" Get me out of that room, quick!!!

• Lili@HGTV says:

OK, my new favorite phrase: woman cave. Don't know why I never thought to take that back from the men. So great, Carole!

5. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Fairly Simpleton, Suzette Greer, Grand Homes, Chane Realty, Hugh and others. Hugh said: Daily Delight: Orange Sofa: I’m a little bit obsessed with Jonathan Adler’s line of sofas, especially this orang… http://bit.ly/ihpHpJ [...]

6. sariche1 says:

Love it! I've always wanted an orange or yellow sofa and was afraid that it would be too much. I love this setting – i've save the picture in my idea file. Hopefully I'll be able to incorporate it soon in my very tiny, very sunny apartment. Thanks!

7. Saffronia Baldwin says:

You are right, it's an orange sofa that doesn't look like a novelty or some sort of fad. I love the way the rug pulls the colors together.

8. sherid says:

What an inspiration, I just purchased a yellow sofa and an orange ottoman. I am really happy that I found this design!!

9. Michale says:

I have a burnt orange sofa in my living room what color should I paint my walls?

• Anna@HGTV says:

• Anna@HGTV says:

I have a suggestion Michale, look through the new HGTV Home by Sherwin-William paint color palettes. Find a color in one of the collections that matches your couch…then see what other colors in that collection would appeal to you as a wall color. http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yourself/hg
      Traditional Twist, Urban Organic and Global Spice might have matches.
      If your couch has small pillows, consider taking that to a paint store or home improvement store and holding it up to different paint swatches. Since those stores frequently use florescent lights, bring your favorite paint chips home, then look at them with the couch with natural light on a sunny day and in the evening when the room is brightened by lamps. The color will look different depending on lighting conditions. Hope this helps!

10. I love it! Totally agree bright colors places u in the best mood. All l have noticed in the majority of homes , black , brown! Now I have found my couch. Sincerly, Wanda Holland