Mix-and-match dinnerware is all the rage these days. This less-than-formal approach keeps entertaining fresh and personal with endless combinations of modern, vintage, colorful, patterned and plain pieces. I personally love the look of classic white plates mixed with funky flea market cups, chargers and servingware.

No surprise, I love the woodland-themed Rosanna Teapot Boho from Organize.com. Imagine the possibilities this porcelain teapot could afford mingled with Christmas china, vintage treasures or graphic melamine designs. You know you want it, so answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, February 14, to be entered.

This week’s question: When guests come for brunch or dinner, are your tablescapes mix-and-match eclectic or off-the-shelf coordinated?

Click for official rules.

1. PFG says:

Your response is right on! On target & too cute with being the first thing to own, LOL! Love it! <3

2. PFG says:

Love the white, the basics…everything goes with it with accents. Floral, patterns, dressy or just not! Any color, & different new patterns, bold, or new pieces go with your color of white. It's all fun, & have learned to appreciate this feature I can do with ease. It's with having, being able, liking design, & loads of cupbboards to do so in mixing it up. I start with what, the theme if any, how many, the basics or starting with a color palette. When choosing accents with or without color and or a patterns. What do I feel like and go with that. It's all fun, & just too simple to do, adding to white as you have or not. We all eat, and we all can use significance to enhance what we must do. So I like spirit, spirited, and friends.

3. 4Grammy says:

My dinnerware is a combination of two white sets but my serving pieces are different colors from different sets. When I have company over for coffee or tea and dessert, I like to mix things up but the colors always coordinate.

4. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Alexi Panos, Grand Homes. Grand Homes said: Freebie Fridays: Organize.com: Mix-and-match dinnerware is all the rage these days. This less-than… http://bit.ly/i63yki #design @hgtv [...]

5. SydneyNK says:

definitely mix and match. I got so many beautiful platters for wedding gifts, and I'm a bit of a thrift shop junkie! You can find great little solitary dishes when you look.

6. Kathy says:

Off-the-shelf coordinated. I like things more uniform when we have company. For just the 2 of us, it's more eclectic.

7. Lisa L says:

First off, I have to admit this is an interesting tea pot.
    As for my dinnerware, my husband and I just got married….we didn't register/ask for dinnerware since we had a destination wedding and preferred that our guests attended the wedding rather than getting us gifts. With that said, we have several dinner plates and bowls from one set and then salad plates and bowls from a different set that we had each individually owned. I try my best to use the same set because I don't really know how to make the mix-and-match work when they are of different patterns. :(

8. Jeanne Simon says:

I have one good set thats not used to often, but everyday is mix and match.

9. Holly says:

Matched…except the kids, theirs are "eclectic" :)

10. Becky says:

Almost everything in our kitchen matches in some way or another.. But never the same.. One item will match one thing by shape or color coordination, and in turn, that item will match another in a different way. So, it's always kind of a mixture between mix and match AND eclectic.. I like to keep things simple and regardless of what I pull out of my cabinet, it's always different from each other, but it always matches. :D

• As seen on the HGTV & DIY Network series, Rehab Addict.

• #TBT Favorite bedrooms from HGTV Dream Homes past