I love pictures of dogs in beautifully designed rooms…especially when they are on the furniture. So as I watched the 2011 Westminster Dog Show, I got to wondering…do the owners of those prize-winning pooches allow them on the couch? I bet the Pekingese that took home top prize for the toy group has sofa privileges. Certainly not the 85-pound Scottish Deerhound, right?

Dog on chaise - Emily Gilbert photographer

Photographer Emily Gilbert

Well, my three fur babies won’t win best in show at Madison Square Garden, but they are best in everything in our hearts and home, so they are allowed on the couch and in the bed. What about in your house? If you lived in these rooms, would you change your mind?

Dog on chair - Nicholas Yarsley photographer

Photographer Nicholas Yarsley

Dog on sofa - Living etc.

Living etc.

Dog on sofa - Design Sponge

Design Sponge

It looks to me like these next three dogs would love to be invited up on the furniture. At least they have stylish rugs and dog beds to lounge on. And in the case of this year’s HGTV Dream Home…their own doggie dream home!

Dog looks at couch - The Nester

The Nester

Dog on Molly Mutt bed - Modern Organic Living

Modern Organic Living - Molly Mutt dog bed

Doggie Dream House - HGTV Dream Home 2011

HGTV Dream Home 2011

Looking to stylishly cohabitate with your darling dog or cat. Get pet-friendly design help from HGTV experts and dog-owner/designer Erin Loechner.

Design Inspiration

1. Karen @ModOrgLivin says:

Thanks for featuring Huckleberry from Modern Organic Living. I can assure you that he's allowed on the couch, the chairs, in the bed, under the covers, but most of the time he loves his dog bed!!

2. Bowmanave says:

I watch it every year..when i remember that its on. Check out the clumber spaniel sometime…beautiful dogs.

3. CplusE says:

My three dogs and I have come to a compromise — they stay off of the beds and living room "company" couches but have multiple dog beds around the house and are allowed on the TV room couches. Works pretty well most of the time, although every once in a while it gets a little hard for humans to find a good sitting spot for TV watching!

• Anna@HGTV says:

Sounds like a solution. But do they stick to it when you're away? We gave up after always finding ours on the bed. Makes it hard to have a nice bedding set, though.

4. Google says:

Thank you. I am trying to find like the following. Amazing facts I’ll look with regard to data connected with the 3 Day time Diet plan.

5. Dog beds says:

Great blog Very cute dogs and pet bed is really looking great and so comfortable. If you need more pet beds at cheap prices You can visit here
    dog beds