As promised, Brian wrote up his design inspiration + tips for recreating the look. I love #5—it makes me feel better about my catalog addiction.
1. Due to time and budget, I needed to use products I could purchase online that included reasonable or gratis shipping costs. The wallpaper is from Graham Brown, console is from Wisteria and flooring came from Lumber Liquidators.
2. Entire build-out and installation took two weeks.
3. When using bold or busy wallpaper, keep furniture simple and graphic or else it will just be clutter.
4. To keep spaces from looking matchy-matchy, pair different styles together that introduce a mix of shapes and finishes.
5. When designing from catalogs, DO NOT buy everything from the same one, it will look flat. Buy several pieces from different catalogs so the overall look seems more evolved.