Lately cotton and wool dhurrie rugs have been everywhere. These traditional Indian floor coverings are made from flat-woven cotton or wool. They’ve been completely modernized, and today they are offered in a number of beautiful patterns and colorways.

Saturated Rhombus Rug, Anthropologie

Some of my favorite stores, including West Elm and Anthropologie have dhurrie rugs for sale. And you can even find them at more affordable chains like Walmart.

Golden Peaks Rug, Anthropologie

This sun-drenched Golden Peaks rug is marvelous. A great example of a dhurrie with a bold print and color palette.

Coral Flatweave Dhurrie Rug

This flatwoven dhurrie features New Zealand wool crafted into a cool coral design.

Graphic Suzani-Inspired Dhurrie, Wisteria

I love this re-imagined suzani print in a graphic black and white dhurrie rug.

Wooden Upholstered Sofa with Bridal Rug, Wisteria

This settee from Wisteria offers one more way to enjoy the dhurrie trend. It’s dhurrie-upholstered in a fantastic diamond print that symbolizes unity. Each one is unique and so gorgeous.

And check out these totally affordable options from Walmart: Safavieh in light green/ivory, Safavieh in light blue/ivory and Sanibel Mars in red. With these pretty and affordable options, why would you let this trend pass you by?

Design Inspiration

1. Patricia Stuckman says:

I was wondering if the rugs were machine washable, I have pets and would need to be able to easily vacuum my rug or throw it in the machine.

• Jeanine Hays says:

Patricia, I would definitely take a look at the manufacturers recommendations. Anthropologie suggests getting them professionally cleaned. You can definitely give them a quick vaccum, but for a cleaning, I would recommend taking them to the dry cleaners or a carpet professional to keep the dhurrie in good shape.

2. [...] Read More: Decorate With Dhurrie [...]

3. MyDesignGuide.com says:

Love the color of this one and the color options of dhurrie – and their lack of thickness is sometimes a plus in certain settings.

4. MyDesignGuide.com says:

OMG, didn't see them all when I commented before, the organic pattern of the coral dhurrie – to die for….

5. Alexander says:

The anthropologie ikat designs are nice. I had a similar custom size made by a company, IndianDhurries.com, using a couple of my own colors.

6. xefseimowhelp says:

:) LOVE LOVE LOVE!

7. Yan Borjas says:

Im happy about this

8. Eliseo says:

My partner and I stumbled over here different page and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to going over your web page for a second time.