This week’s Freebie Friday is in honor of those “Why didn’t I think of that?” moments. I love my inherited wrought-iron chandelier and brass candlesticks, but they don’t jive with the contemporary design of my home. How do I modernize a 120-year-old piece of working art and grandma’s hand-me-downs? With decorative candle sleeves, of course! (Seriously, why didn’t I think of that?) Kaarskoker is the colorful alternative to cracked and yellowed candle sleeves on a chandelier…bling for boring old candlesticks. Simply slide on one of their 100+ patterns (some for under $10/pair), and you’ve got an instant update for your room.

kaarkoker candle sleeves

Kaarskoker wants to glam up your tablesetting, mantel or light fixtures with your choice of a pair of silver or brass candlesticks (brass is back, you know) and three sets of candle sleeves (I love kkHoundstooth & kkPeacock). There will be two winners, so answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, March 14, for a chance to win.

This week’s question: When do your candlesticks get used? Holiday parties? Romantic dinners? Power outages only?

Click for official rules.

Accessories, Freebies

1. Melissa says:

I love candles….I keep candles/candle sticks out all the time however I have more around at Christmas.

2. B Putnam says:

My candle sticks stay out but are not used unless it is a romantic dinner (and how often does that happen). It just seems so wasteful of my pretty perfectly matched sticks!

3. Barbara Staab says:

I started using candles on the table when my kids were little. I used anything that would give my kids a motivation to have family time around the evening meal. Now, my son is in his thirties and he loves to have candles in his home. I think burning candles at a evening helps bond families together. But, I am a romantic anyway.

4. Michelle says:

Whenever anyone comes over =) Such a good way to cover up the odor of our adorable and loveable, but sometimes stinky Roxy dog and Hurley cat!

5. Leslie says:

Usually when I have company over for dinner but sometimes I like to pull them out and use them in the evenings just for the ambience :)

6. We'll use them for special events like evening weddings and such.

7. MaryRene says:

I like mixing contemporary with traditional to add character and history to the modern style!