This week’s Freebie Friday is in honor of those “Why didn’t I think of that?” moments. I love my inherited wrought-iron chandelier and brass candlesticks, but they don’t jive with the contemporary design of my home. How do I modernize a 120-year-old piece of working art and grandma’s hand-me-downs? With decorative candle sleeves, of course! (Seriously, why didn’t I think of that?) Kaarskoker is the colorful alternative to cracked and yellowed candle sleeves on a chandelier…bling for boring old candlesticks. Simply slide on one of their 100+ patterns (some for under $10/pair), and you’ve got an instant update for your room.

kaarkoker candle sleeves

Kaarskoker wants to glam up your tablesetting, mantel or light fixtures with your choice of a pair of silver or brass candlesticks (brass is back, you know) and three sets of candle sleeves (I love kkHoundstooth & kkPeacock). There will be two winners, so answer this week’s question before 12/11c Monday, March 14, for a chance to win.

This week’s question: When do your candlesticks get used? Holiday parties? Romantic dinners? Power outages only?

Click for official rules.

Accessories, Freebies

1. My candle sticks are out all of the time! Would love to accessorize them with these sleeves!

-Chic Done Cheap

2. Who knew sleeves for candle sticks existed???

When do my candlesticks get used? New Years Eve. I have an annual party. Each year I try to come up with a whimsy design for my dining room table. Candles are always incorporated.

These sleeves would be fun to try out!!! They remind me of beautiful scrap booking paper you can buy at the craft store. Cool huh!

3. Andrea says:

I don't own any candlesticks but if I did I think I'd leave them out all t he time!

4. Molly says:

My candlesticks are constantly used, even when they're not lit. What I mean by this is that they are great decoration pieces on their own. I light them when I want to create an intimate feel at dinnertime. I also have some in my bedroom that I like to light and then lay in bed and relax with my sweetheart. I have never had candle sleeves and I think they are a great way to add vibrant pops of color to what would be a simple candlestick.

5. Emily says:

I have a collection, for lack of a better word, of candlesticks. On my mantle I have all different heights, widths, colors, textures of candlesticks displayed. It is one of the focal points in my living room. These sleeves would be a great addition to this collection to add a different vibe!!

6. Ming says:

Candlesticks are used as decor year round, however candles are only lit for special occasions. Balance of the time Jar Candles are used.

Really, why didn't I think of this? Would love to use these candlesticks and sleeves in my decor.

7. Karenintexas says:

I have beautifull brass candlesticks that were my great grandmother's and sterling slver candlesticks that were my step-dad's. We use candles all the time and would welcome an amazing contempory pair!

8. bekah says:

Im not even sure where they are to be honest! Sad, but true.

9. heather says:

Decor, all the time. Lit, for company.

10. Heidi K says:

I use our candlesticks for romantic dinners. I love having the table set perfectly with the soft glow of flickering fire bouncing off the dishes.